Breaking Down the MCAT: A 3 Month MCAT Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Written by SN2ed.

Downloadable MCAT Calendar iCAL and XML versions: http://www.studentdoctor.net/3-month-mcat-study-schedule/
(Click the events for more details)

Everyone please keep the questions to this strategy AND READ ALL OF THE FIRST FOUR POSTS.

Do NOT start this schedule late. You will burnout. There have already been numerous posts & threads on people starting late, trying to rush through the material, and burning out quickly.
Check the Update log in the last post for any changes.

I noticed that some people are claiming they wrote this guide to scam people out of money. Let me make this clear, I have not and will not be selling anything related to this guide. If you see a poster trying to sell books saying they wrote this schedule, do NOT buy from them. They are attempting to take your money away on false pretenses. Additionally, this guide has only been and should only be posted on SDN. I have not posted this guide anywhere else. Furthermore, SDN is the sole MCAT/medical forum I visit and the only forum where I use the screen name SN2ed. I never imagined this thread would be popular enough to warrant this kind of attention. The contents of this thread (and any other on SDN) cannot be replicated and re-hosted on any other forum, blog, or website without prior consent of both the author and SDN.
Make sure you read ALL of the opening posts, including the FAQ, before posting questions.

To begin with, check out these two threads:

Why Diagnostics are Worthless: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=557231

MCAT and a Heavy School Workload Don't Mix: Stop rushing to take the MCAT:http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=602186

Can I accomplish this schedule with a part-time job or school?

Very unlikely. I highly recommend you devote 3 months to the MCAT. There may be a few that could follow this schedule and work part-time, but chances are it would not end well. You are FAR more likely to burn out if you try to study for the MCAT using this schedule and go to school or take a part/full-time job.

Furthermore, I've yet to see a valid reason for students (ie. not non-trads) to not take the MCAT in the summer.

Will following this guide guarantee me a +30?

Sadly, there are no guarantees on the MCAT. I certainly hope it helps you, but I can't say whether or not you'll hit your target score.

Should I take the MCAT before finishing my pre-reqs?

There's no point in doing so. You have to take them anyway. Hence, you might as well go into the test with your pre-reqs completed. Yes, this includes the English pre-req.

Any tips for retakers?

Check out the thread I made on the subject: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=754682

Remember to check out the third and fourth post FAQ.

Anything else before I start?

CONFIDENCE. Through all of the troubles and hardships you'll face, approach everything with confidence. You must constantly attack this test. The MCAT is merely a stepping stone on your journey.

Also, this is just a guide I made up. It is my opinion on what a study schedule should resemble. I'm sure there will be people that disagree with parts of this schedule or the whole thing. This schedule can easily be adjusted for 4 months instead of 3. I don't suggest starting heavy studying 5 months+ from your test date. Keep it to 3-4 months. If you start too soon, it will be a waste of time and resources.

Remember to use the search function on these forums. Tons of questions have already been asked and answered.
Lastly, please give credit to me, SN2ed, if you post this elsewhere. I put a ton of work into it.

Materials:

- Berkeley Review (BR) General Chemistry
- BR Organic Chemistry
- Examkrackers (EK) Biology for non-detailed approach OR The Princeton Review Hyperlearning (TPR) Biology/BR Biology for a detailed approach (In the schedule, I will use EK Bio because most prefer a non-detailed approach)
- BR Bio
- BR Physics
- EK 1001 series, excluding EK 1001 Bio (i.e. do NOT buy EK 1001 Bio)
- EK Verbal 101
- TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook or Berkeley Review Verbal
- AAMC Full Length (FL) #3-5 and 7-11 (AAMC #6 is not available at the moment)

You're using EK Bio for content review and BR Bio for passages. If you need more detail during in your content review, refer to BR Bio.

You can pick up the BR books from their website: http://www.berkeley-review.com/TBR/home-study.html
Also, check out the For Sale section on here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=230 All of the above, except for the AAMC FLs show up from time to time. I've regularly seen a complete BR set go for under $100 on there. Whenever you buy used, MAKE SURE THE PASSAGES ARE UNMARKED.

To buy the AAMC FLs: http://www.e-mcat.com/

Bare Minimum Set-up:

$245 for AAMC FLs (http://www.e-mcat.com/)

$240 for BR Physics, O-chem, Gen Chem, Biology (http://www.berkeley-review.com/TBR/home-study.html)

$26 for EK Verbal 101 (http://www.amazon.com/Examkrackers-MCAT101-Passages-Verbal-Reasoning/dp/1893858553)

$30 EK Bio (Amazon product)

Prices vary on TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook, search the For Sale forum on here for copies. They regularly show up. You should be able to get one for under $50.

Total = $541 + TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook

Set-up with EK 1001:

$18 EK Physics 1001 (http://www.amazon.com/Examkrackers-1001-Questions-MCAT-Physics/dp/1893858189)

$20 EK O-Chem 1001 (http://www.amazon.com/Examkrackers-1001-Questions-Organic-Chemistry/dp/1893858197)

$19 EK Chem 1001 (http://www.amazon.com/Examkrackers-1001-Questions-MCAT-Chemistry/dp/1893858227)

Total = $598 + TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook

Possible Book Replacements:

If you're having a hard time finding the TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook, BR is an okay replacement. Well, there's not much of a choice left. Again, I HIGHLY recommend you hunt down the TPRH Verbal Workbook.

TPRH is a great choice for content review in all subjects, however, you still need the BR books and EK 101 Verbal for their practice passages. TPRH does not have enough practice passages, though the Workbooks are still great resources.

A Little Bit more about TPRH books:

If you're looking for the Science or Verbal Workbooks, your best bet is through the For Sale forum on here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=230

You can also find the full TPRH set in the For Sale. People usually sell the whole set together.

If you want the content books, they're available on Amazon.

Yes, these books are the same as the TPRH content review books. The only difference is that these books, unlike the class content review books, contain some practice passages. I believe it's 3-4 passages per chapter. It's not enough to just stick with these books and some FLs, but it's nice to have a few passages thrown in.

About the EK 1001 series:

It is a good idea to get the complete EK 1001 series. I thought they really helped me nail down my understanding of the various topics. Through using the physics especially, I found that I didn't understand some things as well as I would like. Furthermore, for whatever reason, they helped me visualize the problem in my head and made the equations intuitive to use.
Too many people neglect their basic understanding which could be bolstered by EK 1001. They think they have a strong grasp, yet when those fundumentals are tested, one's weaknesses become more apparent. Plus, doing more timed practice problems is always a good thing.

The only negative for the non-bio and VR practice books is that they aren't in the right format (unless you think of them as tons of discretes).
However, it is significantly easier to spot your content weaknesses with EK 1001 because they aren't passages. You don't have to worry about if you messed up due to a failure to synthesize multiple ideas or the passage was worded strangely. When you mess up on EK 1001, you know it's due to a content weakness. Lastly, this problem would be alleviated by the BR books and EK content books containing practice passages. There are also the practice tests that you will be taking.
I suggest you get the above materials 1-2 months in advance! It takes awhile to get your BR books! You don't want to be missing your materials when you're about to start this schedule. Also, older content review books are usually okay, just don't go too far back (past 5 years old).
Lastly, sign up for your MCAT as soon as possible. Seats fill up months in advance.

Timing:

- ALWAYS complete your practice problems under TIMED conditions
- For BR passages: 6-7 minutes per passage, work towards 6 minutes
- For the EK 30-minute exams….well 30 minutes
- EK 1001, except Bio series: 30 seconds to 1 minute per question
- EK Verbal 101/TPR Verbal: 6-7 minutes per passage, work towards 6 minutes
- AAMC FLs: Use their timing

Notes:

- Do NOT retake old practice material
- Thoroughly review ALL of your practice problems. Review your problems the day AFTER you take them. Don't even look at the answers until then. If there's a break day, review your problems on the day after your break.
- Remember to round like crazy for any math problem
- Always use process of elimination with your answer choices
- Before you begin this schedule, count the number of verbal practice passages (101 from EK + however many in the TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook). Divide the number of passages by 70 (total days - the number of break days AND FL days). That number is the number of verbal passages you should be taking per day. I'm hoping that number breaks down to at least 3 passages per day. Ideally, you should take 4-5 verbal passages per assigned day. You do NOT take verbal passages on break days OR FL days.
- If you don't want to get the EK 1001 series, spread out the second 1/3 of BR practice passages over 2 days. Again, I recommend you get the EK 1001 books that are listed.
- If your practice test score is not within your target range after 2-3 tests, you should consider delaying. If you delay, go over your weaknesses again and complete an in-depth analysis of what went wrong.
- If you have enough money, you could adjust the schedule to fit in more practice tests. I didn't include that many to keep the cost down.
- If your test is in the morning and you're not a morning person, start getting used to waking up early when you start taking practice tests.
- Try to practice under as realistic as possible conditions when you take your practice tests. In other words: wake up early enough to be able to drive to your center; eat a meal you would eat before a test; follow the proper timing; and if you're really into it, you could even drive around for about the same time it would take you to get to your test center.

General Guidelines for Reviewing:

- Go over EVERY question. Both the ones you got right and the ones you got wrong.
- Reviewing should take 2-3 times longer than taking the timed practice problems.
- If your tests are fluctuating, it is due to the different topics on the various tests. In other words, you have some glaring weaknesses that when targeted, nail you, badly. You have to find out what those weaknesses are because they are evident by your scores. Do NOT dismiss any wrong answer as a "stupid mistake." You made that error for a reason. Go over your tests again.
- You might want to consider making a log for all of your post test results where you work through the questions below. Doing so, you'll be able to easily notice trends.

Some things to go over when reviewing:

1. Why did you get the question wrong? Why did you get the question right?
2. What question and passage types get you?
3. How is your mindset when facing a particular passage?
4. Are you stressed for time?
5. Where are your mistakes happening the most? Are they front loaded? Are they at the end? All over?
6. What was your thought process for both the questions you got right and the ones you got wrong?
7. For verbal, what was the author's mindset and main idea?
8. Did you eliminate all of the answer choices you could from first glance?
ex. You know an answer should be a positive number so you cross out all of the negative number answer choices.
9. What content areas are you weak in?
10. Why are the wrong answers wrong and the right answer right?
11. How can you improve so you don't make the same mistake again?

Hat Trick:

Get a hat and write every single MCAT PS and BS topic onto a piece of paper. Then, when you're ready to practice PS, put all the PS topics into the hat. Draw two or three pieces of paper and connect the topics together. In addition to connecting them, come up with what a passage might look like and what kind of questions you might get. If you can't do this, go back and review each of the three sections. Rinse and repeat.

The hat trick days are important because they aid you in synthesizing the various topics together. On the MCAT, you utilize this skill for every passage because MCAT passages combine topics. Furthermore, you may also discover content weaknesses that you will need to go over.

PS Topic List: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85562/data/ps_topics.pdf
BS Topic List: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85566/data/bstopics.pdf
Page to get topic lists if you don't want to directly download the pdf: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/preparing

Here's a rough example using Distillation, Mendelian Genetics, and Lipids:

You are studying a Mendelian inherited recessive genetic defect of a lipid receptor. A defect in this receptor prevents the uptake lipids in the body and can cause several negative effects, such as, atherosclerosis due to fat build-up in arterial walls.

To test for the concentration of lipids in a patient's blood, you design a distillation experiment.

1. Given a couple where the male is Ll and the female is ll, what is the chance the child will have the defect?

2. What kind of solvent should you use to test the concentration of lipids?

3. What type patient would have the highest boiling point elevation?

4. If the trait exhibited incomplete dominance, which patient is likely to be Ll? Boiling point information here.

5. Which cell component requires lipids?

Verbal Help:

Check out Vihsadas's verbal guide and the other guides found in the MCAT Guide sticky
Vihsadas's Guide: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6022602&postcount=96
MCAT Guide Sticky: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=602154

Arithmetic Tricks:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528674&highlight=Arithmetic Tips Tricks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 47 users
SN2ed,

Would you recommend adding TBR CBTs to the schedule you have designed now that the general opinion is that they are beneficial?

Thanks!

I'm sure that this has already been asked, how much verbal should be done every day with the 3-month schedule? I have the examkrackers and TPR verbal workbook and am very week on verbal with previous VR score of 6.

I'm sure that this has already been asked, how much verbal should be done every day with the 3-month schedule? I have the examkrackers and TPR verbal workbook and am very week on verbal with previous VR score of 6.

It's in one of the first four posts. The one directly before the breakdown. It's ideAlly 3 w/ ek 101 And tprh but 2 is ok if you don't have enough passages for three a day, everyday, excluding break days

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I tried to order the Practice tests from AAMC, and was unable to place an order. I just kept getting a weird code every time I tried to submit my payment. Is there something wrong or a trick to working the site? Any help will be appreciated.

Is there a major difference between the TPR Hyperlearning Verbal/Writing and TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASEEEE ANSWER MY 2 QUESTIONS?

1) DID ANYONE DO THIS SCHEDULE ALONG WITH A MCAT CLASS? (PRINCETON REVIEW)

2) THE PRINCETON MCAT BOOKS AND THE TPR HYPER-LEARNING BOOKS ARE THEY THE SAME?

please somebody... answer to my prayers! pleaseeee

Hi SN2ed

I have all of the verbal passage resources you listed: BR, TPRHL & EK 1001....

But I was wondering if I could also include the passages from the EK 16 Mini Mcat series.

They have sections in it listed as PS, BS and Verbal....

Should I use the 16 mini mcat book as a source of additional verbal passages to make sure I can have 3 a day?

Thanks!:)

This question might not be directly specific to this schedule, but I will be following this schedule so this place seems like an okay place to ask. Also didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I have finished all my prereqs, but due to taking courses at different universities during summer, I never actually was taught any physiology/anatomy. I will be using the BR bio for passages and EK bio for content review. Since people say BR bio is too in depth and focuses on unimportant things while others say EK is too general. I just want to know I should stick to using just EK and referencing BR or go through both to make up for my lack of anatomy/physiology?

guys and gals,

this whole 3 months of hell strategy is overkill. reading the messages on this forum, is more stressful than the actual exam!

if you guys really want to waste time memorizing useless stuff, then go ahead, but from my experience, doing the practice exams and working backwards/reviewing your mistakes in the exams is the best strategy. and 2 months max!!! 1 month is just fine.

my advice to you all... take a chill pill. relax. its just an exam.

I live in Toronto, Canada, and was in the process of ordering the 4 TBR books, however, the shipping price is $170 on top of the $240 for the books, which seems like a total rip-off (shipment wise specifically).

With that being said, I was wondering would the TPR books suffice in exchange of the TBR books, by following the same schedule? What`s the difference between the two, that is, if there are any significant ones?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering how to adapt my schedule by using the best combination of TPR BR and EK. I did the EK bio chapter 1 last night and found that it was very superficial compared to the BR and since I have biochemistry fresh on my mind, I don't know whether I should just stick to reading BR or TBR or EK for the bio section?

Also, I have all of the TPR books, should I use the TPR orgo chem instead of BR for topic reading?

I've started my schedule and sadly only end up with 2 passages per day

I'm using the EK 1001, TPR HL verbal workbook, & the BR verbal book. After searching this thread I know that using Kaplan is a big no-no

But now I'm wondering who else followed this study schedule SN2ed laid out and has been able to include 3 passages per day? I'm doing the 4 month plan.

I'm worried that only doing 2 per day is going to really hurt me :(

I haven't fitted into my schedule the Guide to the MCAT that AAMC sells...i read elsewhere that SN2ed rec. we use that as a FL.....but im wondering if anyone has used that as a source of verbal passages..

please help :(

I don't understand what's different about these days...? Can anybody clarify?

Day 62: Complete last 1/3 of BR passages for ALL Chapter 1s: BR Bio Chapter 1, BR Physics Chapter 1, BR Gen Chem Chapter 1, and BR O-chem Chapter 1.
Day 63: Complete last 1/3 of BR passages for ALL Chapter 1s

I have the same problem understanding these two days as well.

Day 68: 1/3 Chapter 3
Day 69: 1/3 Chapter 3

Thanks!

I don't understand what's different about these days...? Can anybody clarify?

Day 62: Complete last 1/3 of BR passages for ALL Chapter 1s: BR Bio Chapter 1, BR Physics Chapter 1, BR Gen Chem Chapter 1, and BR O-chem Chapter 1.

I have the same problem understanding these two days as well.

Thanks!

They're the same. You have two days to complete and review those passages. At the same time, you'll be reviewing your past AAMC FL if you took one. Remember, it's best to review your passages the day after you take them.

I've been meaning to ask. What is the reason behind reviewing the daily passages, not talking about FL's here, the day after?

Just wondering how to adapt my schedule by using the best combination of TPR BR and EK. I did the EK bio chapter 1 last night and found that it was very superficial compared to the BR and since I have biochemistry fresh on my mind, I don't know whether I should just stick to reading BR or TBR or EK for the bio section?

Also, I have all of the TPR books, should I use the TPR orgo chem instead of BR for topic reading?

No one willing to ponder an answer?

No because your question has nothing to do with the TBR based schedule that serves the basis of this thread...

I am using the 3-month SDN schedule and it states to use the EK bio instead of the BR bio chapters but to use 1/3rd of the BR bio questions. To restate my question: using the 3-month SDN schedule, is it a feasible and improved alternative to substitute the BR bio chapter readings or TPRH bio chapter readings for the EK bio chapter readings? I raise this question as the EK bio chapters are superficial in comparison and people with a strong biochemistry background may find the BR bio readings more in line with their previous courses.

Thanks,

R3

No, I don't work for them. For now, BR are just the best in Physics, O-chem, and Gen Chem. They're also good in Bio if you want a detailed approach which many do not. Also, if you search around this forum, there are many people recommending BR besides me. Still, if you don't like/want to get BR, TPR Hyperlearning are also very good across all subjects. Like I said before, just avoid the TPR books found in bookstores. They aren't even close to as good as their Hyperlearning series.

SN2ed, are you referring to the above quote for the answer to my previous question? Thus, if I want a detailed approach scrap the EK bio and replace with BR bio chapter reviews.

Your question was addressed twice in the first three posts:

Possible Book Replacements:

If you're having a hard time finding the TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook, BR is an okay replacement. Well, there's not much of a choice left. Again, I HIGHLY recommend you hunt down the TPRH Verbal Workbook.

TPRH is a great choice for content review in all subjects, however, you still need the BR books and EK 101 Verbal for their practice passages. TPRH does not have enough practice passages, though the Workbooks are still great resources.

A Little Bit more about TPRH books:

If you're looking for the Science or Verbal Workbooks, your best bet is through the For Sale forum on here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=230

You can also find the full TPRH set in the For Sale. People usually sell the whole set together.

If you want the content books, they're available on Amazon:

Biology: http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Revie...7929/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1293060438&sr=8-4
Gen Chem: http://www.amazon.com/General-Chemi...7945/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1293060438&sr=8-7
O-Chem: http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Chemi...7937/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1293060438&sr=8-8
Physics: http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Revie...7953/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1293060438&sr=8-5

Yes, these books are the same as the TPRH content review books. The only difference is that these books, unlike the class content review books, contain some practice passages. I believe it's 3-4 passages per chapter. It's not enough to just stick with these books and some FLs, but it's nice to have a few passages thrown in.

Which do you prefer strictly for content, TPRH or BR?

The key to MCAT success is not content review, it's taking tons of timed practice passages and thoroughly reviewing those passages. If you really want an exact breakdown in terms of content review, it'd probably be something like this:

Bio: TPRH
O-chem: TPRH, a good number prefer BR
- In the past, more people preferred BR. Both TPRH and BR are probably about equal with style preference being a large factor.
Verbal: TPRH
- Verbal is basically entirely practice-based so this doesn't really count. For verbal practice, TPRH easily beats BR.
Gen chem: BR, some prefer TPRH
Physics: BR, some prefer TPRH

Again, you can't go wrong with either. For the money, BR is better because it contains practice passages which are vital for success and far more important than content review.

If I don't have the 2011 edition of BR physics, which would be the next best alternative replacement? (I have BR 2009)
Thanks.

I took the MCAT last July while using every AAMC exam (except #11 from this year) to study with. Do you think that a year passing is good enough to re-use them in your study plan this year around? If not, what would be the best replacement? Thank you :)

I apologize. Scratch my second question. I only want to know if it would be a better idea to take the AAMC FLs again 1 year later or if I should take BR FLs instead. Thank you.

SN2ed,

I just started your schedule a week ago. I did the BR passages and found them VERY detailed almost like a biochem test while the EK 30 min test was much easier. Will the mcat be like the BR or EK??

Also, with the gen. chem. and physics section I'm at a loss. I never rarely finish within 6-7 min. If I rush the passage I'll miss questions because of that and if I take the time I need I get better scores but I take 9-10 min. Is there anything else I should be doing to improve my timing or will it just get better the more passages I do? I would reallly appreciate your help!

Hey Syfte3,

I'm in the same boat you are....I think we'll get faster as time goes on...I think memorizing the equations correctly for each scenario is what's taking the most time for me.

I read somewhere in the thread others having a hard time in the beginning but picking up the pace after a couple of weeks.

These first two weeks look like they're going to be rough ones for me :( especially in physics since its the class I enjoyed the least.

I'm a little confused on what to do on biology days. (I've read the first 4 posts)
You say to do the first 1/3 of the BR passages that relate to the EK text. You also were so kind as to give us a list of the BR passages that correlate to the EK text.

If I'm understanding correctly we should do 1/3 of the BR passages that you listed? For the first EK chapter you list 35 different passages. Should we do 1/3 of these, ~12, as opposed to the usual 4-5 for the other topics?

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this. It is helping a lot.

The Day by Day

- Give yourself 4 buffer days before beginning this schedule just in case you need them.
- Another reminder: You are supposed to take some verbal passages every day except break days and FL days.

Day 1: BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third passage of the corresponding passages for this chapter (i.e. go through 1, 4, 7, 10 for first 1/3 and 2, 5, 8 for the second 1/3 on Day 8). 1/3 of corresponding passages = 1/3 from now on. Also, complete every 1/3 of the discretes each time you work through 1/3 of the passages. In other words, when you take passages #1, 4, 7, 10, take discrete # 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, etc. If you have an older version that does NOT have discretes, don't worry about it. For the questions in the chapter reading itself, work through them as you read the chapter.
Day 2: BR Gen Chem Chapter #1 + 1/3
Day 3: BR O-Chem Chapter #1 + 1/3
Day 4: EK Biology Chapter #1 + 1/3 of the corresponding passages in the BR Bio book. Although some of the chapters correspond well to each other, you'll probably have to jump around for some chapters. For instance, when EK Biology's chapter focuses on cell structure and function, work through the passages in BR Bio that deal with cell structure and function, i.e. BR Section VI. Yes, you are doing passages in BR BIO and NOT the ones in EK Bio.
Day 5: BR Physics Chapter #2 + 1/3
Day 6: Re-read ALL of the previous week's chapters (Day 1-5). This means you re-read the ENTIRE chapter again for both BR Physics chapters 1 & 2, BR Gen Chem chapter 1, BR O-Chem chapter 1, and EK Bio chapter 1. Additionally, work through corresponding EK 1001 sections for the chapters you worked through last week (Day 1-5). For instance, BR O-Chem chapter #1 goes over Organic Structure & Bonding; hence, complete the Molecular Structure in the EK 1001 O-Chem. The topics probably won’t match all the time, but go with the best fit. Also, only do every third problem/passage in the EK 1001s. Lastly, complete the in-class exam for EK Bio chapter 1. From now on, this day’s work will be abbreviated: “Re-read chapters + EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam”
Day 7: Break
Day 8: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages for the previous 5 BR chapters (remember this includes BR Bio). I’m going to shorten this to: “Complete second 1/3 of BR passages”
Day 9: BR Gen Chem Chapter #2 + 1/3
Day 10: BR O-Chem Chapter #2 + 1/3
Day 11: EK Bio Chapter #2 + 1/3
Day 12: BR Physics Chapter #3 + 1/3
Day 13: BR Gen Chem Chapter #3 + 1/3
Day 14: Break
Day 15: Re-read chapters from Days 9-13 + EK 1001 for Days 9-13 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 16: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 17: BR O-Chem Chapter #3 + 1/3
Day 18: EK Bio Chapter #3 + 1/3
Day 19: BR Physics Chapter #4 + 1/3
Day 20: BR Gen Chem Chapter #4 + 1/3
Day 21: Break
Day 22: BR O-Chem Chapter #4 + 1/3
Day 23: Re-read chapters + EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 24: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 25: EK Bio Chapter #4 + 1/3
Day 26: BR Physics Chapter #5 + 1/3
Day 27: BR Gen Chem Chapter #5 + 1/3
Day 28: Break
Day 29: BR O-Chem Chapter #5 + 1/3
Day 30: EK Bio Chapter #5 + 1/3
Day 31: Re-read chapters + EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 32: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 33: BR Physics Chapter #6 + 1/3
Day 34: BR Gen Chem Chapter #6 + 1/3
Day 35: Break
Day 36: BR O-Chem Chapter #6 + 1/3
Day 37: EK Bio Chapter #6 + 1/3
Day 38: BR Physics Chapter #7 + 1/3
Day 39: Re-read chapters + EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 40: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 41: BR Gen Chem Chapter #7 + 1/3
Day 42: Break
Day 43: BR O-Chem Chapter #7 + 1/3
Day 44: EK Bio Chapter #7 + 1/3
Day 45: BR Physics Chapter #8 + 1/3
Day 46: BR Gen Chem Chapter #8 + 1/3
Day 47: Re-read chapters + EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 48: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 49: Break
Day 50: EK Bio Chapter #8 + 1/3
Day 51: BR Physics Chapter #9 + 1/3
Day 52: BR Gen Chem Chapter #9 + 1/3
Day 53: EK Bio Chapter #9 + 1/3
Day 54: BR Physics Chapter #10 + 1/3
Day 55: Break
Day 56: BR Gen Chem Chapter #10 + 1/3
Day 57: BR O-Chem Chapter #8 + 1/3
Day 58: Re-read chapters + EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 59: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 60: Break
Day 61: Hat Trick for 2-3 hours. For all of the following days, excluding break days, spend about 30 minutes on the Hat Trick. If it really helps you, spend more time on it. It might be slow at first, but you’ll get the hang of it.
- From now on, I will abbreviate the last 1/3 of BR as 1/3. I will include the chapters to cover.
Day 64: AAMC FL #3
Day 65: Review FL per guidelines + 1/3 Chapter 2
Day 66: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 2
Day 67: Break
Day 70: Break
Day 71: AAMC #4
Day 72: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 4
Day 73: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 4
Day 74: AAMC #5
Day 75: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 5
Day 76: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 5
Day 77: Break
Day 78: AAMC FL #7
Day 79: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 6
Day 80: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 6
Day 81: AAMC #8
Day 82: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 7
Day 83: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 7
Day 84: Break
Day 85: Break
Day 86: AAMC #9
Day 87: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 8
Day 88: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 8
Day 89: AAMC #10
Day 90: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 9
Day 91: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 9
Day 92: Break
Day 93: AAMC #11
Day 94: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 10
Day 95: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 10
Day 96: Break
MCAT

.4 Month Variation

For this variation, I suggest getting BR Verbal, TPRH Verbal Workbook, and EK 101 Verbal. Rotate between the three sources so you take 3 passages from one source one day, the next another source. When you're starting out, frequently rotate BR verbal to use it up quickly since it's not as good as the other two.

Day 1: BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third passage of the corresponding passages for this chapter (i.e. go through 1, 4, 7, 10 for first 1/3 and 2, 5, 8 for the second 1/3 on Day 8). 1/3 of corresponding passages = 1/3 from now on. Also, complete every 1/3 of the discretes each time you work through 1/3 of the passages. In other words, when you take passages #1, 4, 7, 10, take discrete # 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, etc. If you have an older version that does NOT have discretes, don't worry about it. For the questions in the chapter reading itself, work through them as you read the chapter.
Day 2: BR Gen Chem Chapter #1 + 1/3
Day 3: BR O-Chem Chapter #1 + 1/3
Day 4: EK Biology Chapter #1 + 1/3 of the corresponding passages in the BR Bio book. For instance, when EK Biology's chapter focuses on cell structure and function, work through the passages in BR Bio that deal with cell structure and function, i.e. BR Section VI. Yes, you are doing passages in BR BIO and NOT the ones in EK Bio.
Day 5: BR Physics Chapter #2 + 1/3
Day 6: Re-read chapters
Day 7: Break
Day 8: Re-read ALL of the previous chapters. This means you re-read the ENTIRE chapter again for both BR Physics chapters 1 & 2, BR Gen Chem chapter 1, BR O-Chem chapter 1, and EK Bio chapter 1. Additionally, work through corresponding EK 1001 sections for the chapters you worked through. For instance, BR O-Chem chapter #1 goes over Organic Structure & Bonding; hence, complete the Molecular Structure in the EK 1001 O-Chem. The topics probably won’t match all the time, but go with the best fit. Also, only do every third problem/passage in the EK 1001s. Lastly, complete the in-class exam for EK Bio chapter 1. From now on, this day’s work will be abbreviated: “EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam”
Day 9: Review EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 10: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages for the previous 5 BR chapters (remember this includes BR Bio). I’m going to shorten this to: “Complete second 1/3 of BR passages”
Day 11: Review BR passages
Day 12: BR Gen Chem Chapter #2 + 1/3
Day 13: BR O-Chem Chapter #2 + 1/3
Day 14: Break
Day 15: EK Bio Chapter #2 + 1/3
Day 16: BR Physics Chapter #3 + 1/3
Day 17: BR Gen Chem Chapter #3 + 1/3
Day 18: Re-read chapters
Day 19: EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 20: Review EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 21: Break
Day 22: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 23: Review BR passages
Day 24: BR O-Chem Chapter #3 + 1/3
Day 25: EK Bio Chapter #3 + 1/3
Day 26: BR Physics Chapter #4 + 1/3
Day 27: BR Gen Chem Chapter #4 + 1/3
Day 28: Break
Day 29: BR O-Chem Chapter #4 + 1/3
Day 30: Re-read chapters
Day 31: EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 32: Review EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 33: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 34: Review BR passages
Day 35: Break
Day 36: EK Bio Chapter #4 + 1/3
Day 37: BR Physics Chapter #5 + 1/3
Day 38: BR Gen Chem Chapter #5 + 1/3
Day 39: BR O-Chem Chapter #5 + 1/3
Day 40: EK Bio Chapter #5 + 1/3
Day 41: Re-read chapters
Day 42: Break
Day 43: EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 44: Review EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 45: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 46: Review BR passages
Day 47: BR Physics Chapter #6 + 1/3
Day 48: BR Gen Chem Chapter #6 + 1/3
Day 49: Break
Day 50: BR O-Chem Chapter #6 + 1/3
Day 51: EK Bio Chapter #6 + 1/3
Day 52: BR Physics Chapter #7 + 1/3
Day 53: Re-read chapters
Day 54: EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 55: Review EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 56: Break
Day 57: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 58: Review BR passages
Day 59: BR Gen Chem Chapter #7 + 1/3
Day 60: BR O-Chem Chapter #7 + 1/3
Day 61: EK Bio Chapter #7 + 1/3
Day 62: BR Physics Chapter #8 + 1/3
Day 63: Break
Day 64: BR Gen Chem Chapter #8 + 1/3
Day 65: Re-read chapters
Day 66: EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 67: Review EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 68: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 69: Review BR passages
Day 70: Break
Day 71: EK Bio Chapter #8 + 1/3
Day 72: BR Physics Chapter #9 + 1/3
Day 73: BR Gen Chem Chapter #9 + 1/3
Day 74: EK Bio Chapter #9 + 1/3
Day 75: BR Physics Chapter #10 + 1/3
Day 76: Re-read chapters
Day 77: Break
Day 78: BR Gen Chem Chapter #10 + 1/3
Day 79: BR O-Chem Chapter #8 + 1/3
Day 80: Re-read chapters
Day 81: EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 82: Review EK 1001 + EK Bio In-class exam
Day 83: Complete second 1/3 of BR passages
Day 84: Review BR passages
Day 85: Break
Day 86: Hat Trick for 2-3 hours. For all of the following days, excluding break days, spend about 30 minutes on the Hat Trick. If it really helps you, spend more time on it. It might be slow at first, but you’ll get the hang of it.
Day 87: Last 1/3 of BR passages for Chapter 1
Day 88: Last 1/3 of BR passages for Chapter 1
- From now on, I will abbreviate the last 1/3 of BR as 1/3. I will include the chapters to cover.
Day 89: AAMC FL #3
Day 90: Review FL per guidelines + 1/3 Chapter 2
Day 91: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 2
Day 92: Break
Day 93: 1/3 Chapter 3
Day 94: 1/3 Chapter 3
Day 95: Break
Day 96: AAMC #4
Day 97: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 4
Day 98: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 4
Day 99: AAMC #5
Day 100: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 5
Day 101: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 5
Day 102: Break
Day 103: AAMC FL #7
Day 104: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 6
Day 105: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 6
Day 106: AAMC #8
Day 107: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 7
Day 108: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 7
Day 109: Break
Day 110: Break
Day 111: AAMC #9
Day 112: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 8
Day 113: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 8
Day 114: AAMC #10
Day 115: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 9
Day 116: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 9
Day 117: Break
Day 118: AAMC #11
Day 119: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 10
Day 120: Review FL + 1/3 Chapter 10
Day 121: Break
MCAT

.Written by SN2ed.
Can you recommend your Breaking down schedule for part time worker? I work 12hrs three days week(I have full time job). I tried but close to impossible to study the day I am working so daily studying is impossible...I know the benefit of studying everyday but I am not in any position to quit my job to study for MCAT
I have been studying with EK series last few months. I registered the June 16th MCAT but since I didn't do well on AAMC FL 4 , I am thinking about delaying. By the way, this is the first time I took FL.. I am very disappointed and upset. I even request a month vacation for MCAT but I don't think one month studying 12 hours day will improve my score dramatically. I finished half of EK series. I am using 101.

I am scheduled to take the test in late august, but haven't ordered the BR bio and verbal books yet. Is EK 1001 bio really so terrible? Are there any other books that I can order off of amazon that can replace BR bio for passages?

Thanks!

I don't know how SN2ED does it, but I'm getting seriously miffed here.

Not only has he set up this awesome thread for everyone to look through and get answers to their questions, but he goes back and updates the first few posts with any relevant info.

EVEN AFTER ALL THIS, people are asking him to repeat the same banal things over and over and over again. He's already done 95% of the work for you guys, are you seriously unable to do the last little bit for yourself? I haven't been posting here all that long and I still see people asking the same exact question over and over and over again.

I know you're probably stressed out, but seriously why do you want to be spoonfed when the info is RIGHT THERE. You have a good resource here, if you frustrate him enough, SN2ED might just stop updating this thread. Then you've ruined it for yourself and everyone else.

I don't know how SN2ED does it, but I'm getting seriously miffed here.

Not only has he set up this awesome thread for everyone to look through and get answers to their questions, but he goes back and updates the first few posts with any relevant info.

EVEN AFTER ALL THIS, people are asking him to repeat the same banal things over and over and over again. He's already done 95% of the work for you guys, are you seriously unable to do the last little bit for yourself? I haven't been posting here all that long and I still see people asking the same exact question over and over and over again.

I know you're probably stressed out, but seriously why do you want to be spoonfed when the info is RIGHT THERE. You have a good resource here, if you frustrate him enough, SN2ED might just stop updating this thread. Then you've ruined it for yourself and everyone else.
spoonfed?
ok
well, then I printed out the schedule and I've been reading thru it and I dont understand how some things are defined:
day 6: re-read chapter
day 13: review BR passages
day8: re-read ALL chapters"
now this is defined in the schedule(4-month) so I understand what this is, but what is day 6? is that the same thing? or is that the same as day 13? it is my understanding that the MCAT material is pretty basic and the best way to improve is by learning how to do the questions.. I can follow what I'm told, I just dont understand what I'm supposed to be doing\
It gets worse
look at day 10, he defines what he is shortening. so instead of precise instructions, he says, I'm going to make "the exact work" = to "blah blah"
so now I read "blah blah" and I have to look back and see exactly what it is I'm supposed to be doing., Im supposed to know what 5 chapters Ive done, then know, I'm supposed to do the 2nd 1/3 of passages?
it gets even worse at day 86, when he says,he will abreviate "last 1/3 of BR chapters as 1/3"
LOL I dont even know what chapters he's talking about
day 87: last 1/3 of BR passages for chapter 1
what book? what topic? this continues till I take the MCAT...why tell me for 122 days exactly what to do..is that hard? apparently so

people might ask the same stuff a lot, but so? most of us are pretty far to the right of the bell curve, how hard is it to write a schedule that doesnt constantly require me to look back/remember what I've done?
I know a lot of people are so in love with this schedule, but I am aware of people from med school who have lost weight on the HCG diet and praise it and say how it works wonders
If .SN2ed wants to take it upon himself to write a mcat study schedule, then do it well, and figure out what;s wrong with it when people complain.

spoonfed?
ok
well, then I printed out the schedule and I've been reading thru it and I dont understand how some things are defined:
day 6: re-read chapter
day 13: review BR passages
day8: re-read ALL chapters"
now this is defined in the schedule(4-month) so I understand what this is, but what is day 6? is that the same thing? or is that the same as day 13? it is my understanding that the MCAT material is pretty basic and the best way to improve is by learning how to do the questions.. I can follow what I'm told, I just dont understand what I'm supposed to be doing\
It gets worse
look at day 10, he defines what he is shortening. so instead of precise instructions, he says, I'm going to make "the exact work" = to "blah blah"
so now I read "blah blah" and I have to look back and see exactly what it is I'm supposed to be doing., Im supposed to know what 5 chapters Ive done, then know, I'm supposed to do the 2nd 1/3 of passages?
it gets even worse at day 86, when he says,he will abreviate "last 1/3 of BR chapters as 1/3"
LOL I dont even know what chapters he's talking about
day 87: last 1/3 of BR passages for chapter 1
what book? what topic? this continues till I take the MCAT...why tell me for 122 days exactly what to do..is that hard? apparently so

people might ask the same stuff a lot, but so? most of us are pretty far to the right of the bell curve, how hard is it to write a schedule that doesnt constantly require me to look back/remember what I've done?
I know a lot of people are so in love with this schedule, but I am aware of people from med school who have lost weight on the HCG diet and praise it and say how it works wonders
If .SN2ed wants to take it upon himself to write a mcat study schedule, then do it well, and figure out what;s wrong with it when people complain.

You really should just stop there. Besides that duplicate day 6 and day 8. The schedule is amazing. It was probably a simple mistake while he was converting the 30day to the 40 day, something he really didn't have to do. If making a complete MCAT study guide is so simple and can be done so easily without mistakes, MAKE ONE YOURSELF. Otherwise be happy that there's even some one out there who's kind enough to put in the effort that SN2ed has.

Also, you do realize that by the time you get to the last 1/3 it's pretty obvious to know what you're doing. You don't have to go back and "remember", because it follows a pretty easy to understand pattern. By that time you're doing the last third of ALL the #1 Berkeley Review chapters, then the last 1/3 for all the #2s...etc

If you don't like what SN2ed has put together, go somewhere else or pay $1800 for a class. I for one am willing to work out the few imperfections for the low price of $0.

do editions matter? I know more recent versions are better in most cases. I see some books in 1st edition and some in 2nd edition for EK books.

You really should just stop there. Besides that duplicate day 6 and day 8. The schedule is amazing. It was probably a simple mistake while he was converting the 30day to the 40 day, something he really didn't have to do. If making a complete MCAT study guide is so simple and can be done so easily without mistakes, MAKE ONE YOURSELF. Otherwise be happy that there's even some one out there who's kind enough to put in the effort that SN2ed has.

Also, you do realize that by the time you get to the last 1/3 it's pretty obvious to know what you're doing. You don't have to go back and "remember", because it follows a pretty easy to understand pattern. By that time you're doing the last third of ALL the #1 Berkeley Review chapters, then the last 1/3 for all the #2s...etc

If you don't like what SN2ed has put together, go somewhere else or pay $1800 for a class. I for one am willing to work out the few imperfections for the low price of $0.
I was replying the the guy who said spoonfed
I wasnt aware I could make my own schedule.. really? thanks capt obvious.
I was pointing out flaws that could make this schedule better, You made a lot of assumptions about what someone should "know", but look at the number of posts about wanting to make the schedule different than what it is, now tell me it wouldn't make it easier, if each day could stand on it's own and you dont have to look back and see what things mean
a type writter wasnt used, copy+paste do exist.,, then you might not get so may posts saying why they can't do the schedule, can it be made shorter, etc
say, I wanted to cut out all orgo/subject(that you dont need). how many days can I cut out?
is there a reason that each day doesnt stand on it's own.

oh yeah, in this land of freedom, you can sue good Samaritans
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6498405&page=1
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/19/local/me-good-samaritan19

Hello,

Can someone please clarify this part about "every third passage of the corresponding passage?"

BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third passage of the corresponding passages for this chapter (i.e. go through 1, 4, 7, 10 for first 1/3 and 2, 5, 8 for the second 1/3 on Day 8). 1/3 of corresponding passages = 1/3 from now on. Also, complete every 1/3 of the discretes each time you work through 1/3 of the passages. In other words, when you take passages #1, 4, 7, 10, take discrete # 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, etc.

does it mean that I read through the whole chapter, beginning to the end, then go over again but skipping passages (reading only 1st, 4th, 7th, etc...) and leave other 2/3 for other days? so on the first day i am going over the same chapter twice basically?

Thank you.

Hello,

Can someone please clarify this part about "every third passage of the corresponding passage?"

BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third passage of the corresponding passages for this chapter (i.e. go through 1, 4, 7, 10 for first 1/3 and 2, 5, 8 for the second 1/3 on Day 8). 1/3 of corresponding passages = 1/3 from now on. Also, complete every 1/3 of the discretes each time you work through 1/3 of the passages. In other words, when you take passages #1, 4, 7, 10, take discrete # 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, etc.

does it mean that I read through the whole chapter, beginning to the end, then go over again but skipping passages (reading only 1st, 4th, 7th, etc...) and leave other 2/3 for other days? so on the first day i am going over the same chapter twice basically?

Thank you.
poss.
mayb u do 1/3 of the problems, (like, 12 probs, do da 1st 4)
who da heck knos
(sorrie da "leet", bt u kno wut i meen,it take time to rite dis 'sponse

Hello,

Thank you.

You should read BR Physics Chapter 1. After you're done reading it, take passages 1, 4, 7, and 10. Yes, you are leaving the other passages for later to be completed on the second and third 1/3 passage days. Also, you are not reading the chapter twice on the same day.

For the EK books, the editions don't matter much since they barely change. The only edition you might want to look for is EK Verbal 101 Edition 1 because it contains more new questions than the "updated" version. The new EK Verbal 101 is the same as the old one except they took questions out.

About BR editions, definitely get the newest Physics version. For the others, you're fine with books from 2009 and up.

You should read BR Physics Chapter 1. After you're done reading it, take passages 1, 4, 7, and 10. Yes, you are leaving the other passages for later to be completed on the second and third 1/3 passage days. Also, you are not reading the chapter twice on the same day.

Thank you for replies. So on the first day I read chapter one and right after that read 1/3 of chapter one? because you only read chapter one on the first day. I think answer to this should clear things up for me.

Thank you for replies. So on the first day I read chapter one and right after that read 1/3 of chapter one? because you only read chapter one on the first day. I think answer to this should clear things up for me.

No, you read all of BR Physics chapter one. Then you complete the practice passages that go along with BR Physics chapter one. You do NOT re-read chapter one.

No, you read all of BR Physics chapter one. Then you complete the practice passages that go along with BR Physics chapter one. You do NOT re-read chapter one.

Oh! 1/3 of practice passages, thats what you meant. I don't know why I didn't catch that at first but thank you, that clears my confusions!

I was replying the the guy who said spoonfed
I wasnt aware I could make my own schedule.. really? thanks capt obvious.
I was pointing out flaws that could make this schedule better, You made a lot of assumptions about what someone should "know", but look at the number of posts about wanting to make the schedule different than what it is, now tell me it wouldn't make it easier, if each day could stand on it's own and you dont have to look back and see what things mean
a type writter wasnt used, copy+paste do exist.,, then you might not get so may posts saying why they can't do the schedule, can it be made shorter, etc
say, I wanted to cut out all orgo/subject(that you dont need). how many days can I cut out?
is there a reason that each day doesnt stand on it's own.

oh yeah, in this land of freedom, you can sue good Samaritans
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6498405&page=1
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/19/local/me-good-samaritan19

Please, don't give me this constructive criticism good samaritan bull. It sounded a lot more like complaining to me. More so, your biggest complaint is that SN2ed didnt write out a repeated paragraph for every day so that you don't have scroll up to remember what you're studying? Lol and stop trying to make other peoples complaints a bigger deal than they are its rather quite pathetic and rude.

<3capt obvious

Please, don't give me this constructive criticism good samaritan bull. It sounded a lot more like complaining to me. More so, your biggest complaint is that SN2ed didnt write out a repeated paragraph for every day so that you don't have scroll up to remember what you're studying? Lol and stop trying to make other peoples complaints a bigger deal than they are its rather quite pathetic and rude.

<3capt obvious

you dont think it would be easier to read the schedule said what to do on a daily basis? Im not making anything out of anyone's comments, its rather quite pathetic and rude.for you to say that, i was using them a evidence in my logical reasoning of what would make this schedule better, by making it clear what to do daily, by making each day explained so it can stand alone.
Sure I'm glad he made the schedule,, but after FIFTY pages, it is certainly not perfect, and why so many questions? I found a solution to all those many questions, I am working to make the schedule better.
All you can do is make insubstantial complaints about someone who is making useful comments, you arent adding to this board or life, you are detracting from it. Hope your life sees better days:D

you dont think it would be easier to read the schedule said what to do on a daily basis? Im not making anything out of anyone's comments, its rather quite pathetic and rude.for you to say that, i was using them a evidence in my logical reasoning of what would make this schedule better, by making it clear what to do daily, by making each day explained so it can stand alone.
Sure I'm glad he made the schedule,, but after FIFTY pages, it is certainly not perfect, and why so many questions? I found a solution to all those many questions, I am working to make the schedule better.
All you can do is make insubstantial complaints about someone who is making useful comments, you arent adding to this board or life, you are detracting from it. Hope your life sees better days:D

Nice last paragraph. I'm sure typing it must have felt like a stroke of genius. Please don't comment on other people's lives when you know nothing about them. It makes you sound ignorant. (I'm at a wonderful place in my life by the way, thanks for inquiring) Other than that, the seemingly random punctuation makes it very difficult to understand the rest. I'll do my best.

I believe the current simplicity of the schedule is the way it should be written. There are really only 3 different types of days in the first 60 days. 1.)Reading a chapter + 1/3 of the passages
2.)Re-reading the previous 5 chapters + 1001 EK problems + EK Bio Exam
3.)Completing the second 1/3 of the passages from all previous 5 chapters

He gives enough amount of detail when the days are first introduced. Being able to abbreviate the days makes the schedule much easier on the eyes and wastes less room and ink (if you're printing it out)

The one thing that I believe would be helpful is to remind people to do the Hat Trick during the last days by just adding +HT to each day. I feel the same reasoning for not writing verbal passages each day doesn't apply as the Hat Trick does not carry throughout the entire schedule.

Edit: Editing this because this pathetic argument doesn't need any more posts. I never meant to come off as mean spirited or hurtful and don't believe I have. I was merely shocked with your initial aggressive post towards this schedule when I can see how much work has gone into it. Also a little more compassion towards the mentally challenged please, especially if you're planning on becoming a physician. Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.