Breaking NEWS! Tech shoots Pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxliteguy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
disgruntled pharmacy tech shoots pharmacist and then kills himself at Long Beach Memorial Hospital. I will get you the link once I find one.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i was thinking of doing my internship there. Guess not anymore.

I wonder...lazy, demanding pharmacist? Selfish pharmacist? Inept, old pharmacist that should have retired years ago and is only hired because he's a "body with a license"?

Not that it's pretty ****ed up to shoot someone in the first place for being an ass in the workplace.

nobody should go into pharmacy anymore.. the whole profession is going down the tubes

and i thought if a pharmacist was going to be shot, it was going to be by an oxycontin robber. Guess now it's your own co-worker.

LBM was once a clinical pharmacy mecca when I was in school....long ago. Not sure how it is today.

This is tragic and should never happen again.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you read some of the comments on the above link, it has degenerated into an argument over gun control.

Gunmen killing innocent people and committing suicide. Does anyone other than me find it messed up that such things don't even attract attention anymore?

If you read some of the comments on the above link, it has degenerated into an argument over gun control.

Gunmen killing innocent people and committing suicide. Does anyone other than me find it messed up that such things don't even attract attention anymore?

There are just too many weird people in this world. Maybe it's high time to put some SSRI in the water supply to prophylax murder/suicides. :D

LBM was once a clinical pharmacy mecca when I was in school....long ago. Not sure how it is today.

This is tragic and should never happen again.

That's horrible! LBM is known to only accept UCSF (mainly) and USC students into their residency program.

That's horrible! LBM is known to only accept UCSF (mainly) and USC students into their residency program.

Yup. I know that. Wrong or right... you can't hardly go wrong with qualified UCSF and USC students.. they're mostly well trained. And USC has a great football team! :thumbup:

There is a joke to be made here about job saturation and silver clouds...but it'd prolly get me banned...

yeah dood...don't go there. I'm curious to find out the people involved in this incident. I may know them.

I'm curious to find out the people involved in this incident.

Here ya go. Complete with little video...

Hospital officials identified the victims as Kelly Hales, 56, of Redondo Beach and Hugo Bustamante, 46, of Cypress.

The shooter was identified as 50-year-old Mario Ramirez of Alhambra.

A lot of people are going nutso lately and shooting up places. I think its related to the economy. Or maybe not. It's pointless to try to rationalize crazy.

Man, lots of stuff going on today in CA, haha...check out this crazy high speed chase that ended in south OC. Started in LB too...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoKZbOSvVa0[/YOUTUBE]

Man, lots of stuff going on today in CA, haha...check out this crazy high speed chase that ended in south OC. Started in LB too...

I don't know what the hell all of those acronyms mean. To me that reads:

"Man, lots of stuff going on today in cancer, haha...check out this crazy high speed chase that ended in south offensive coordinator. Started in linebacker too.."

I don't know what the hell all of those acronyms mean. To me that reads:

"Man, lots of stuff going on today in cancer, haha...check out this crazy high speed chase that ended in south offensive coordinator. Started in linebacker too.."

lol...yes, that's a scion. i know right.

CA = california. OC = orange county. LB = long beach. hahahah, my bad, i get into california acronym mode sometimes and can't get out.

btw in the video... PIT maneuver = "Pursuit Intervention Technique" that CHP (California Highway Patrol) uses to end pursuits.

91 East and Greenriver...used to play a lot of golf there...

OJ chase was also on 91...

That woman has obviously never played Grand Theft Auto.

Heh, maybe typing in TD R0 1B didn't work to get a paid claim. That would drive me nuts.

yeah dood...don't go there. I'm curious to find out the people involved in this incident. I may know them.

sounds like the one guy was there 21 years... did you know him?

I'm watching the news and the shooter (Ramirez) is 50 years old. He went nuts because of layoff rumors? :confused:

I'm watching the news and the shooter (Ramirez) is 50 years old. He went nuts because of layoff rumors? :confused:

I really don't think so...there had to be some other underlying thing going on. There was that shooter from Kaiser not too long ago that killed his family...originally they thought it was layoffs, but Kaiser straight up went out and said there were disciplinary actions pending.

Though that's public info, don't know if it's the best thing to post their home addresses within the context of this thread. Just my $.02

Maybe while you guys are at it you can post their blood types, CMV status, and most recent guaiac results?

Someone has too much time on their hands.

And that carchase...WOW...I've never heard more annoying commentary in my life. Sounded like the ACLU preparing to protest the mean police men pulling the woman from the vehicle.

People who do **** like that deserve a swift boot to the lip...at least! This is America though...where illegal immigrants want free healthcare and everyone is innocent...<random babbling>

And to be honest I'm surprised more techs don't flip out on customers in retail. They get paid too little to deal with all the BS from people and all the BS they get from mgmt.

The only thing that got me through it was the fact I knew I only had to do it for a finite period of time.

Very very sad day!

I work as a pharmacy tech. in similar pharmacy setting (hospital outpatient pharmacy dept) as the Long Beach Memorial suspect and victims. For the last 2 to 3 years, my pharmacy supervisor and directors were like family to me. I just can't imagine what was going through the suspect's mind that day. I was speechless when I heard and read about the tragic news.

There was definitely a mixture of fear and grief circulating around our pharmacy dept. today.

Last edited:
And that carchase...WOW...I've never heard more annoying commentary in my life. Sounded like the ACLU preparing to protest the mean police men pulling the woman from the vehicle.

People who do **** like that deserve a swift boot to the lip...at least! This is America though...where illegal immigrants want free healthcare and everyone is innocent...<random babbling>

I know right...but there were cameras and I'm sure CHP knew this fact when they pulled her from the car. She needed a swift kick to the head! Shoulda shot her on the freeway.

I'll have to get more info from people in my class who work there. A classmate said her husband is an MD in the ED there, but had left work before everything went down.