Breast Surgery Elective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NorCalDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 4th year GS resident, and have been considering doing a breast surgery fellowship. Unfortunately, my GS program has very few breast cases, and I feel that I need a dedicated month of breast surgery. I have elective time this year, but have not found any place to do a breast surgery elective. Does anyone have suggestions on how to find a surgeon interested in taking a resident for a month?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a 4th year GS resident, and have been considering doing a breast surgery fellowship. Unfortunately, my GS program has very few breast cases, and I feel that I need a dedicated month of breast surgery. I have elective time this year, but have not found any place to do a breast surgery elective. Does anyone have suggestions on how to find a surgeon interested in taking a resident for a month?

Thanks!

i just vomited a little in my mouth.

i just vomited a little in my mouth.

:rolleyes:

Check with the American Society of Breast Surgeons Membership list for practitioners near you whom you can contact about the possibility of an elective. Other options are the list of SSO approved fellowships and contact faculty at those programs about an elective.