Aug 1, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys, I took my DAT on Monday. I decided to post a short breakdown.
First of all I need to thank Nancy. When I started to study for DAT, I was so disappointed and wanted to give up just because of my low grades on RC practices. After talking to her over phone for an hour, I felt much better, I felt more confident to continue my studying.

About me:
I am biochemistry major student and English is my second language. I have been in US for almost four years.

PAT: 22
QR:22
RC:20
BIO:23
GC:26
OC:26
TS:24
AA:23

Time:
Overall I studied for about two months. I started with Ari’s 10 weeks plan, but I couldn’t keep up with it. I think if you want to use it you need to make some changes based on your own strengths and weaknesses.

Biology:
Cliff’s 3rd edition (1X), DAT destroyer (2X), DAT Bootcamp(1X), DAT genius(1X), and DAT Qvault (1X) , Ferali’s notes (0.5X)
I went through Ciff one time and after that I decided to start reviewing Ferali’s notes, but it was super dense and hard in my opinion, so I started destroyer and went through the whole thing very slowly and took notes on everything. It helped me A LOT! After I finished it I felt more confident and I started taking practice tests, during this time I would go through all my notes and review them. Three days before my exam I went over destroyer one more time.
**I used destroyer as a learning tool. I never used it as a timed test, and I think it’s the way it should be.

Gen Chem and O Chem:
I used chad’s videos (1X), DAT Destroyer (2X), DAT bootcamp (2X)
I took detailed notes while watching chad’s videos, and whenever I felt like I need to brush up on something I used those notes.
DAT Destroyer helped me to get a good understanding of everything.

PAT:
DAT Bootcamp, DAT Genius
Both of these sources are good to use. I liked the explanation of Bootcamp better. My first grade on bootcamp was 17, and the last one was 21! So you can see the improvement. The only thing that can help you in this section is practice, practice, practice.

RC:
This section was the one that I was worried about the most. Two first tests on DAT Bootcamp I got below 15. After I talked to Nancy I decided to stay away from all the practice testes and just start reading and work on my speed and comprehension. It was the best thing I did. Every morning, and every night I spent 20 minutes on reading. I read anything, not just articles, but news, about fashion, politics, …. I just wanted to get myself in a habit of reading.
Actual readings on DAT were much more easier that bootcamp, the questions were in order and finding the answers was easy.

QR:
DAT Math Destroyer (1.5X), DAT Bootcamp (1X)
Destroyer helped me to learn the materials and Bootcmp helped me with timing.
Without destroyer I wouldn’t have gotten this grade. In terms of difficulty the QR on DAT was on par with Bootcamp.

I hope this breakdown can be helpful. I really don’t have much to say, just keep studying and be confident. It’s really easy to lose hope and quit but know that all the hardworking will pay off!

Also I should add that DAT Destroyer is a MUST! It really helps you to understand and learn the materials.

Attachments

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Awesome job!! You got in the 23 club before I did :D!

Reactions: Shadi65
About the Ads

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hey guys, I took my DAT on Monday. I decided to post a short breakdown.
First of all I need to thank Nancy. When I started to study for DAT, I was so disappointed and wanted to give up just because of my low grades on RC practices. After talking to her over phone for an hour, I felt much better, I felt more confident to continue my studying.

About me:
I am biochemistry major student and English is my second language. I have been in US for almost four years.

PAT: 22
QR:22
RC:20
BIO:23
GC:26
OC:26
TS:24
AA:23

Time:
Overall I studied for about two months. I started with Ari’s 10 weeks plan, but I couldn’t keep up with it. I think if you want to use it you need to make some changes based on your own strengths and weaknesses.

Biology:
Cliff’s 3rd edition (1X), DAT destroyer (2X), DAT Bootcamp(1X), DAT genius(1X), and DAT Qvault (1X) , Ferali’s notes (0.5X)
I went through Ciff one time and after that I decided to start reviewing Ferali’s notes, but it was super dense and hard in my opinion, so I started destroyer and went through the whole thing very slowly and took notes on everything. It helped me A LOT! After I finished it I felt more confident and I started taking practice tests, during this time I would go through all my notes and review them. Three days before my exam I went over destroyer one more time.
**I used destroyer as a learning tool. I never used it as a timed test, and I think it’s the way it should be.

Gen Chem and O Chem:
I used chad’s videos (1X), DAT Destroyer (2X), DAT bootcamp (2X)
I took detailed notes while watching chad’s videos, and whenever I felt like I need to brush up on something I used those notes.
DAT Destroyer helped me to get a good understanding of everything.

PAT:
DAT Bootcamp, DAT Genius
Both of these sources are good to use. I liked the explanation of Bootcamp better. My first grade on bootcamp was 17, and the last one was 21! So you can see the improvement. The only thing that can help you in this section is practice, practice, practice.

RC:
This section was the one that I was worried about the most. Two first tests on DAT Bootcamp I got below 15. After I talked to Nancy I decided to stay away from all the practice testes and just start reading and work on my speed and comprehension. It was the best thing I did. Every morning, and every night I spent 20 minutes on reading. I read anything, not just articles, but news, about fashion, politics, …. I just wanted to get myself in a habit of reading.
Actual readings on DAT were much more easier that bootcamp, the questions were in order and finding the answers was easy.

QR:
DAT Math Destroyer (1.5X), DAT Bootcamp (1X)
Destroyer helped me to learn the materials and Bootcmp helped me with timing.
Without destroyer I wouldn’t have gotten this grade. In terms of difficulty the QR on DAT was on par with Bootcamp.

I hope this breakdown can be helpful. I really don’t have much to say, just keep studying and be confident. It’s really easy to lose hope and quit but know that all the hardworking will pay off!

Also I should add that DAT Destroyer is a MUST! It really helps you to understand and learn the materials.
Wow!!! Congratulations! You did it, your reading score is even better than some students where English is a first language. Your dedication and hard work paid off and I am happy my helped.

Interview invites will be coming your way and you will have your choice of dental school.

Again I am so happy for you and you should be very proud of the DAT scores.

Wishing you the best and stay in touch would love to hear where you go to dental school.

Nancy

OP
Shadi65
Aug 1, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Wow!!! Congratulations! You did it, your reading score is even better than some students where English is a first language. Your dedication and hard work paid off and I am happy my helped.

Interview invites will be coming your way and you will have your choice of dental school.

Again I am so happy for you and you should be very proud of the DAT scores.

Wishing you the best and stay in touch would love to hear where you go to dental school.

Nancy
Thank You SO Much Nancy.
You helped me a lot and whenever I had a question you were there to answer.
Destroyer is the reason I got these grades.
I will update you about my interviews.
Thanks again

krisnocaries

2+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2016
Congrats !!! Your scores are amazing ! Did you get a lot of plant questions for biology ? Also for Destroyer Ochem, did you didn't the road maps helpful ? Someone told me to just memorize the road maps and I should be good ...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OP
Shadi65
Aug 1, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats !!! Your scores are amazing ! Did you get a lot of plant questions for biology ? Also for Destroyer Ochem, did you didn't the road maps helpful ? Someone told me to just memorize the road maps and I should be good ...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got one plant question and it was a basic question.
Honestly destroyer helped me a lot and by going through questions I learned a lot. I memorized the road maps and it was helpful. If you have time definitely go through all the questions.

About the Ads