Brilliant Idea!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scrubbs

Chisellers beware!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm working in our peds ER this month and one of the peds residents working there came up with a fabulous idea... she was venting about how all these kids with PMDs show up during open clinic hours without the parents ever calling their own doc (shocker, I know). So she says, "we need a new policy, if its 9-5 M-F, we should charge them a flat rate of $20 if their doc didn't send them in. Simple fax from the primary avoids the charge, so they can't say we're withholding care."

Absolutely brilliant! Never gonna happen, but I love it! :D

Members don't see this ad.

My fantasies usually involve really hot chicks. I think mine are more realistic than yours (though maybe not by much). :)

There was this one chick at the shoot yesterday who was unspeakably beautiful. Unsurprisingly, she is a former model.

Better yet, why don't we charge PMD's $20 for every patient of theirs they tell "go to the ER" for the stuff they don't want to manage...

Members don't see this ad :)
Scrubbs said:
So I'm working in our peds ER this month and one of the peds residents working there came up with a fabulous idea... she was venting about how all these kids with PMDs show up during open clinic hours without the parents ever calling their own doc (shocker, I know). So she says, "we need a new policy, if its 9-5 M-F, we should charge them a flat rate of $20 if their doc didn't send them in. Simple fax from the primary avoids the charge, so they can't say we're withholding care."

Absolutely brilliant! Never gonna happen, but I love it! :D

They put something similar into the peds clinic at Denver Health a few years ago and the net effect was a crushing load of peds cases in the late evening as soon as the $20 charge expired.

ERMudPhud said:
They put something similar into the peds clinic at Denver Health a few years ago and the net effect was a crushing load of peds cases in the late evening as soon as the $20 charge expired.

Sure but then these folks have to wait EVEN longer (which then you would think only the sickest would show up) and then those who are sick and sent by the PMD get quick care.

Sessamoid said:
My fantasies usually involve really hot chicks. I think mine are more realistic than yours (though maybe not by much). :)

I can always dream, right? No worries, I'll work on some more interesting fantasies for the future...