Bring spouse to my interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsander1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just curious if it is OK to bring my spouse to the school for my interview. Obviously she won't sit in on the interview but to see the school and local area. Has anyone done this? Was is fine?

Members don't see this ad.

I am just curious if it is OK to bring my spouse to the school for my interview. Obviously she won't sit in on the interview but to see the school and local area. Has anyone done this? Was is fine?

Some schools allow this (for the tour and such). You should call the school and ask no matter what. Then tell them she is coming so they know what to expect before you arrive.

If you have the means, I would bring your spouse along for the trip but not to any official part of the interview. You can stay an extra day and walk around the campus and get to know the local area. I wish my spouse would have been able to come with me for interview trips, because we then had to make separate trips later to check out cities where I was accepted.