bringing your overnight bag w/ you to the interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xc1999

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone please answer this....how bad is it to bring your overnight bad (with your clothes and stuff) with you to the interview (at UCONN)? Cause my hotel checkout time ends before the interview process will end, and I pretty much have to go to the airport like right after.......so you think it'll be ok? They won't have any bad impressions, hopefully? Answer back anyone asap....thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Leave your stuff with the bellman at the hotel, he'll keep it for you until you get back. Everysingle hotel does this.
Good luck
T

DO NOT TAKE YOUR BAG TO YOUR INTERVIEW.....

T is correct; most hotels allow you to store your stuff either for free or for a minimal fee...

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, just leave it at the hotel, u don't wanna lug ur stuff to the skool anyway.

but i remember i did brought my bag with me to temple interview, and so did maybe about 10 other students. mr. lombard's office became a temporary storage room for us. he was really kind to offer doing that though.

I took my bag to the interview with me on three different occasions. The majority of schools expect that several students (depending on interview group size) will have a bag with them.

It simply isn't feasible for everybody to leave their bags at the hotel, and then go back to the hotel before going to the airport.

I explained to each of the admissions officers that I brought my bag with me so I wouldn't have to go back to the hotel, which left me with more time to observe in the clinics and attend classes with the students. Each of the admissions officers agreed that since I payed gobs of money to attend the interview, spending as much time as I could as the school was the best option, and they mentioned that they wished other applicants would spend more time at the school looking around and participating in clinics.

If you verbally explain this to them, not only will they not have bad impressions, but they'll move you to the top of their potential matriculants list. Trust me, nobody cares if you bring an overnight bag.