Broad range of courses - Important?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shawnpremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know med schools don't care what your major is, but if you're a science major and take nonsci courses beyond GE requirements, will adcoms see this as being more well rounded or do they not even look? I'm taking a bunch of art classes for personal interest and hope schools will care...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an Art minor so I'm taking a lot of art classes as well...I think to some extent they will notice and like the "uniqueness" especially at D.O. schools! :p

I know med schools don't care what your major is, but if you're a science major and take nonsci courses beyond GE requirements, will adcoms see this as being more well rounded or do they not even look? I'm taking a bunch of art classes for personal interest and hope schools will care...
Everything on your app gets a look. If you're taking elective classes for personal interest, that's a great jumping off point for interviews. I would definitely ask you about your art classes if I were interviewing you. Plus, there's no reason why science and art can't mix. I took point-line drawing in college, then used it to illustrate my honors thesis. :)