Bronx prophy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmasurf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone done a bronx prophy in their residency?

Members don't see this ad.

what exactly is a bronx prophy? is that a prophy with the back of a 9mm? or where your mugged while doing the prophy? either way, i'd love to do one :)

Members don't see this ad :)
what exactly is a bronx prophy? is that a prophy with the back of a 9mm? or where your mugged while doing the prophy? either way, i'd love to do one :)

That would be the full mouth extraction.

Bonus points are awared if you're doing a bronx prophy during your residency on somebody YOUNGER than you are!

I'm sure every OMS resident has done many of these. Now if you're talking #1 through 32, that's a bit tougher to come by.

I did a couple of full mouth extractions in school... there were no more than 10 teeth in each case. One case did involve 20 teeth although they were all periodontally involved. I also saw a patient who was around my age (28) who I treatment planned FME and a complete upper and lower denture. That was probably the first time I've ever unintentionally made a grown man cry, last I heard, he was actually scheduled to follow through with it. So sad.