Brooklyn Path Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted642280

I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions/advice on the AP/CP residency at SUNY Brooklyn, NY. I have heard some very mixed things (none of which I will go into detail here), and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Specifically, if you have something good or bad to say, could you specify why? It's mostly with the "why" part that I've had a hard time getting answers. I will be going on the interview trail for this year in a couple of months and the insight would help.

I am a US allopathic 4th year student with decent stats. I have a lot of big name programs on my list and am interested in exploring some of the less competitive programs as well.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Dude you would be in Brooklyn! The hippest borough in the hippest most glamorous most powerful city in the world. Who cares about anything else.

Sarahkeet- FWIW, I wouldn't even consider any less competitive programs given our tight market. Pick the "biggest name" program where you think you'll fit in best, and most importantly, that will make you the best pathologist possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Go big or go other field.

Don't bother with IMG farms and mid to low tier pseudoresidency programs. You're better off applying to another field altogether than settling for a milquetoast pathology program.

Sarahkeet,

Can you please tell me what you know about SUNY Brooklyn whether good or bad? I have an interview there too and I know nothing about this program.

Thanks

Sarahkeet,

Can you please tell me what you know about SUNY Brooklyn whether good or bad? I have an interview there too and I know nothing about this program.

Thanks

I don't actually have any real information other than what's above and on their website. The things I have heard for not going is mainly centered around the high numbers of FMGs in their program and that there are so many excellent programs nearby. However, I have not heard anything specifically bad about them otherwise. In the end, I decided to stick with big schools because I just can't imterview everywhere and would like to work in academics someday. Brooklyn is a wonderful place to live though.