Brookshire Brothers Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiNmightycolor

Tye
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone have any information (pros/cons) on working as a pharmacist at Brookshire Brothers? I can't seem to find any threads about them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

They only seem to hire 95 year old ladies.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know about their pharmacies but I love their clothes. Everything looks like it came straight from the closet of Andy Bernard from The Office.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you like East Texas, and by that I mean the Redemption part of Texas where there are really proud Redeemers still there. Brookshires is an extremely conservative company that makes its business among a bunch of the sundown towns from its Smith County (up until a couple of years ago, a dry county) HQ. Louie Gohmert does actually represent the views of that community.

The store is really expensive. They know the next store is at least 10 to 15 miles away.

This pretty much the best description of Texas I can find.

I hope you like East Texas, and by that I mean the Redemption part of Texas where there are really proud Redeemers still there. Brookshires is an extremely conservative company that makes its business among a bunch of the sundown towns from its Smith County (up until a couple of years ago, a dry county) HQ. Louie Gohmert does actually represent the views of that community.

We just call that Louisiana in Actual Texas.

Hello,
Does anyone have any information (pros/cons) on working as a pharmacist at Brookshire Brothers? I can't seem to find any threads about them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Worked in the pharmacy at BB before school.

Pros: Relatively easy workload (less stress environment), smaller companies generally pay closer attention to its employees (move up to management/regional management easier compared to CVS), patients are generally more appreciative of your services due to isolated location of their pharmacies.

Cons: Work in isolated areas mostly, possibly hours since their pharmacies are not open full weeks (usually closed sundays and minimal hours on weekends); I guess the latter can be a pro depending on your preferences.

I cannot comment on pay. I do know a young regional pharmacy manager who was promoted because he had a minor in business and he loves his job and the company.

We just call that Louisiana in Actual Texas.

I spent my early childhood there in the only town that wasn't a sundown town in Smith County. I can't call it Louisiana as some very polite gentlemen dressed in white decided to burn a T for tolerance in front of my parish chapel which was one of the reasons we were "convinced" to leave. It's a fairly anti-Catholic place, where Shreveport over the border doesn't have that particular problem. To me, it'll always be East Texas. That video above, "where the South begins", is perfect without being condescending.

I spent my early childhood there in the only town that wasn't a sundown town in Smith County. I can't call it Louisiana as some very polite gentlemen dressed in white decided to burn a T for tolerance in front of my parish chapel which was one of the reasons we were "convinced" to leave. It's a fairly anti-Catholic place, where Shreveport over the border doesn't have that particular problem. To me, it'll always be East Texas. That video above, "where the South begins", is perfect without being condescending.

Yeah, it's amazing how different Texas is from the westernmost point, where my family entered the country, to its east.

If it were up to me, we'd cast off everything east of the Trinity river and improve the state.

Reactions: 1 users