Brown MMS - Applications now open.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brown Gateways MMS

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applications for our MMS '24 are open! We are a 1-year, Special Masters Program in the Alpert Medical School & our curriculum mirrors our M1 students.

For more information:
Gateways | Medical School | Brown University
@browngateways

Applications close 5/15/23. We require an MCAT score within the last 2 years as part of our application.

Please feel free to ask us any questions or email us directly at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Feel free to contact me with any questions! Past student!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! In regards to the mcat score, I know tufts allows you to submit a "test" score. I am very interested in the program, but won't take my mcat until later in may. Any advice? I would really love to attend your program

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question, how soon after applying do you receive notice of an interview?

Hello! In regards to the mcat score, I know tufts allows you to submit a "test" score. I am very interested in the program, but won't take my mcat until later in may. Any advice? I would really love to attend your program
Hi, I am a current student in the program. I would recommend that you apply and communicate your test plans with the administration. I know in the past some students have been able to submit an AAMC practice exam in place of an actual score as long as you have an MCAT date scheduled. Please PM if you have any questions about the program, I would love to help.

Hi I am a current student in the program. The interviews and admissions work on a rolling basis. I was offered an interview 3 days after I applied. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Hello! We appreciate your interest in our program. We review applications in batches on a rolling basis and our admission committee meets every few weeks. You are welcome to email us at [email protected] for specific updates. I hope this helps. Please let us know if we can assist in any way.

Thanks for your inquiry. You can definitely send your MCAT score in later, however, we will not be able to make any final decision regarding your file until all required components are received. As long as we receive the required application materials by our deadline, your application will be reviewed and considered. My suggestion is to send us an email at [email protected] to document that you have a pending MCAT score so we are aware. We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks for your inquiry. You can definitely send your MCAT score in later, however, we will not be able to make any final decision regarding your file until all required components are received. As long as we receive the required application materials by our deadline, your application will be reviewed and considered. My suggestion is to send us an email at [email protected] to document that you have a pending MCAT score so we are aware. We look forward to hearing from you!
thank you! does it have to be an official mcat score, or can it be a sample?

Hello, I'm wondering if this program can be suited to students equally interested in medicine and dentistry, or if it is more appropriate for students seeking to pursue medicine only?

Hello, I'm wondering if this program can be suited to students equally interested in medicine and dentistry, or if it is more appropriate for students seeking to pursue medicine only?

DPMS is Drexel pathway to medical school. It’s not an admission to dental school.

If we are invited to interview/informed of rejection, would it be sent via email or portal?

Students who are equally interested in medicine and dentistry can benefit from the program, though most of our students have been interested in pursuing medicine. Thank you for your interest! Please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can help with any further questions: [email protected]

Any recent acceptances from any applicants?