brown univ program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chipsy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi ,

i am new to this forum, need some info,anybody with any feedbacks on brown university program for pathology.....is brown university as good for path as for im etc.....thanks a bunch

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. It's a smallish, more community like program. But from what I can tell they are expanding quite a bit and have several fellowships including derm and GI. You'd probably get solid training but I would look at it for yourself. I met a guy at USCAP last year who was a resident there and he was a smart guy.

Ive never met anyone who has applied and interviewed there. Small program I would assume, but not a tier 1 or even tier 2 program if thats what you are asking. Would stick with MGH, Penn, Pitt, BWH and Yale for New England. Maybe look at Dartmouth. Im not really at all familiar with NYC programs and personally I would live there for residency so I refrain comment.

Brown is off the radar AFAIK, unless something has changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Brown is off the radar AFAIK, unless something has changed.

That's what I'm saying, it has changed a bit. Expanding a lot. I think it started soon after they hired DeLellis. They had a lot more abstracts then I would have expected as USCAP last year. As I said, they have a good GI path program. Most of the newer residents are american grads I think.

Are there any residents from the program? This is the one of the 2 programs I have gotten an interview call from.
Please, guide me.. I am so scared. I do not have a clue about the place. I am an IMG... and FREIDA sources tell this is a community program.
What is the kind of life style in the city....