Brown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trent05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard any comments on this forum about Brown's path program. Did any one else out there interview there? What did you think of it? I thought it was a pretty good program. I really liked the location, and it has a track record of getting lots of top notch fellowships inluding several recent dermpath spots through their connection with Roger Williams. Any one have any comments on the program?

Members don't see this ad.

I also really like this program. I also love the area. I'm glad you mentioned that detail about fellowships, it was something I forgot to ask. I know there is time for residents to preview in surgical pathology, which is important to me. Any other opinions?

I didn't like Brown that much. Perhaps because I heard from them late and they only gave me two dates to choose an interview. I thought there were too many hospitals the residents would have to rotate through. And I didn't get a sense that their CP program was that strong. There also seemed to be alot of baby-sitting involved which kind of turned me off with quizzes and practicals for certain rotations. That's my 2 cents.

But their AP program seems to be strong. They have quite a few fellowships and their Chair writes for WHO classification books on endocrine tumors?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just seemed like a good place to learn pathology.

Yeah they weren't very accomodating. I had some good interviews with the faculty members, but I wasn't too impressed with some of the residents, personally speaking not academically speaking.

Brown is OK, but not sure I'd rank them 1st Tier. Good in GI, but the Roger Williams dermpath program the OP referred to isn't anything special, methinks. I can name A LOT of stronger dermpath programs...