1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Pathology + First Aid Enough?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by vtrain, Dec 18, 2005.

1. vtrain

vtrain Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Im trying to decide what book(s) I should be using for Pathology review. Do you think it's enough just to rely on BRS Path and First Aid for review? I was also thinking about getting Goljan's Rapid Review, but maybe that's overkill? Any suggestions or resources you found useful is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DOCTORSAIB

DOCTORSAIB Ophtho or bust!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If I were you, I'd use BRS path, FA, and his audio. Don't forget to do LOTS of questions. G'luck.

4. DOctorJay

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I agree with SAIB and will be doing the same, I used/ am using BRS path for Path, annotating and highlighting along the way. I have also been listening to Goljan for each of the areas we are covering prior to the exams (listen to it while driving, working out, etc.)

I've also been doing the Robbins Review of Path practice questions prior to each Path exam and have found that very helpful as well.

-J

5. Brickhouse

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You're hard core - I was thinking of doing a little studying now but saving the bulk of it til after classes are out May 5 - I guess everybody is different but I've heard that's what most people do. I heard BRS Path and First Aid are standard, and that like 60% of last years boards was path. Regardless, I'm already nervous, and I just signed up for my date today. :scared: