BRS Pharm or RR Pharm??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are either of these books any good? Which is better? What are their strong points?

I liked BRS and RR for path (we just finished the course); BRS for more the larger to medium concepts and for structure and RR to fill in some of the details BRS doesnt include.

I hear path is the best book (RR = rapid review) RR puts out...how is their pharm? Perhaps micro?

Members don't see this ad.

neither, just use first aid and add in the few additional drugs that you might encounter when doing questions

Members don't see this ad :)
I read BRS Pharm for Step 1. It's a good book, but probably way overboard for Step 1 even if it is a relatively quick read. If you have the concepts down don't bother because first aid is plenty.

Are either of these books any good? Which is better? What are their strong points?

I liked BRS and RR for path (we just finished the course); BRS for more the larger to medium concepts and for structure and RR to fill in some of the details BRS doesnt include.

I hear path is the best book (RR = rapid review) RR puts out...how is their pharm? Perhaps micro?

for what its worth, i thought FA was more than enough for pharm. nothing on my test that wasn't in FA, although i know its not the case for everyone