-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Brutal Professors
Started by tuzotea
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Every professor is different, so it's unfair to ask "how mean" opt profs are. I'm willing to guess that you'd hear stories about select mean professors at any kind of school you investigate - undergrad, graduate, medical, professional, etc. There are always going to be people who have bad experiences or whose personalities don't mesh well. For every bad professor who is "harsh" to a student, I'm willing to be there is at least one, if not more, who will offer extra help or a kind word. Just my two cents...tuzotea said:Just curious about something. Exactly how mean are the professors in optometry school? I've heard that some of them can be really harsh to the students.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
True, for the most part. But there are some huge-ego preceptors who really enjoy making students squrm. Those are usually the younger, more recently graduated ones who are just insecure have something to prove. Doesn't matter what the reason is for the behaviour when it's causing a pain in your a$$, though.rpames said:They are more human than the ones in undergrad. Don't worry about it, the prof know you will be a peer/colleague in 4 years so they tend to treat the students with more respect than some undergrad PhDs.
I heard worse of Dental School Professors, man did I feel bad when I heard all the stories of my D-friends.OD07 said:True, for the most part. But there are some huge-ego preceptors who really enjoy making students squrm. Those are usually the younger, more recently graduated ones who are just insecure have something to prove. Doesn't matter what the reason is for the behaviour when it's causing a pain in your a$$, though.
OD07 said:True, for the most part. But there are some huge-ego preceptors who really enjoy making students squrm. Those are usually the younger, more recently graduated ones who are just insecure have something to prove. Doesn't matter what the reason is for the behaviour when it's causing a pain in your a$$, though.
Ditto
OD07 said:True, for the most part. But there are some huge-ego preceptors who really enjoy making students squrm. Those are usually the younger, more recently graduated ones who are just insecure have something to prove. Doesn't matter what the reason is for the behaviour when it's causing a pain in your a$$, though.
That is true. I had a resident that thought being a "female dog" would gain her respect. But they usually get over it after a year or two.
I only had one professor I didn't care for. But, it was more of a personality thing on his teaching style than anything. He seemed nice when he was in clinic.
cpw said:I only had one professor I didn't care for. But, it was more of a personality thing on his teaching style than anything. He seemed nice when he was in clinic.
hehe is it Dr. B?