BS in Microbiology

Started by ArtMot425
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ArtMot425

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan to get a BS in Microbiology at ASU. Spring 2011 will be my last semester at Mesa Community College. I wanted to ask. Would this degree be good for pharmacy school? I gave up applying for nursing school to go do this. I hope its worthwhile.
 
I plan to get a BS in Microbiology at ASU. Spring 2011 will be my last semester at Mesa Community College. I wanted to ask. Would this degree be good for pharmacy school? I gave up applying for nursing school to go do this. I hope its worthwhile.

A good background in Microbio would definitely help, but it's not a guarantee though. As long as you have all of the pre-requisites and you have done well in them, you should be fine on getting adjusted to pharmacy school.
 
Just remember to finish the pharmacy prerequisites. I think as long as you do that, you're fine. I'm getting a BA in biological anthropology.