SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

B's

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Denticized, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Denticized

Denticized 7+ Year Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Well this quarter I have ended up with three B's will this affect my acceptance (I have already been accepted)?
    The letter of acceptance says that I need to maintain my academic standards but I have gone through a lot of crap recently. Any ideas if I screwed or not?

Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. cocokeala

cocokeala katonk! 5+ Year Member

May 30, 2006
    california
    i personally think you are fine. for UOP, i can't get a B- or lower or acceptance goes void or something.

4. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show Dentist Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Apr 12, 2006
    We can get a B- coco

5. SkeetyPeetey

SkeetyPeetey 2+ Year Member

Oct 11, 2006
    My school acceptance letter said nothing less than a C. I think you are ok.

6. pre-dentalguy

pre-dentalguy Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 7, 2006
    GA
    B's are fine. It's usually the C's you have to worry about. Also, take into consideration that the number of credit hours you take that semester are pivotal on that as well.

Marion

7. amichail

amichail 5+ Year Member

Nov 9, 2006
    You got B's... Ohh my god... UR SCREWED! LOL, JK... They really just wanna know that you completed what you said you would complete, with half way decent grades... C or better.

8. Loop

Loop 2+ Year Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Yeah, consider some people accepted getting Bs would actually bring the gpa up :)

9. seansk

seansk USC Dentistry Class 2010 7+ Year Member

Aug 24, 2004
    This questions is better asked from the admissions staff of the schools your really trying to get into!! most of the people here, as well as dental students can only give you a guess!!! and every school is different in what they look for!!

and stop freaking out!!!! B's are fine!! I think you already knew the answer to this question!!

good luck!

10. mikey4226

mikey4226 5+ Year Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Chicago suburbs, IL
    Yea i'm sure a B's are fine...don't think you have much to worry about

sorry to kind of hijack your thread but:

i got a C in orgo 2, but besides that all my other grades are A's and B's....how much do you think that will hurt me?

11. IcemanDDS

IcemanDDS Dr of Dental Shadowing 10+ Year Member

Jul 1, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Yay me.

12. Denticized

Denticized 7+ Year Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Well thanks everyone I called my college and they said that they will review my application again to see how I have done and then based on that they will make a decision.

13. pacbum

pacbum 7+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2006
    really! who would have thought that it was that big of a deal for getting b's? shoot, im gonna be in some trouble now.