Bs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alpha12

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you pharmacy school matriculates have a bachelor's degree?

Members don't see this ad.

I will have a degree in Chemistry when I graduate this semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there. I'll have a BS in Bio Sci by the time I start. Even though I was accepted, I wouldn't dream of not finishing up my undergrad :)

I have a Bachelors degree in Chemistry/Criminal Justice. I think that some schools like to see applicants with a BS, but it's not a requirement. Usually schools will have applicant data from the previous admission year and it shows how many applicants have or will have their BS before starting pharmacy school.

I think that's what a lot of people are forgetting when they shoot for a Pharm D., what are you going to fall back on if Pharmacy school doesn't work out or if you decide after 10-20 years of pharmacy practice that you want something else.

I think that's what a lot of people are forgetting when they shoot for a Pharm D., what are you going to fall back on if Pharmacy school doesn't work out or if you decide after 10-20 years of pharmacy practice that you want something else.

a BS degree that you can earn 35k/year with?? I'll manage without :p

I will have bachelor's degrees in Biology and Accounting when I graduate. I could probably take the CPA exam then.

a BS degree that you can earn 35k/year with?? I'll manage without :p

I think it's more of a respect thing. I would be disowned by my family if I didn't have a BS degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
About 80% of us do.

I think it's more of a respect thing. I would be disowned by my family if I didn't have a BS degree.

I will be disowned if I am not gonna get into pharm school.:scared::laugh:.Sure, the BS sounds good but probably i am not going to get it, it's all going to depend...

I will have bachelor's degrees in Biology and Accounting when I graduate. I could probably take the CPA exam then.

That's variety. We'll all be calling you "boss" someday.

I have a BA in Mathematics from 2000.

I have a degree in Business from several years ago.

i got my BS in biology in december and will start at auburn in the fall...

Up here in Canada it's not uncommon to have a BSc before getting into pharmacy as well. A professor told me 40% of our school had a Bachelor's or higher degree prior to admission.

I have one B.S. in Clinical Laboratory Science and I am working on my second in Microbiogy. I think about 1/3 of my class has a bachelor's.​

My friend who is transferring to pharm school in the fall doesn't have a bachelor's degree, but she said the school offers a bachelor's degree after you finish the first 1 or 2 years or something. So she'd have her bachelor's and at the same time be working toward her pharmd.

My friend who is transferring to pharm school in the fall doesn't have a bachelor's degree, but she said the school offers a bachelor's degree after you finish the first 1 or 2 years or something. So she'd have her bachelor's and at the same time be working toward her pharmd.

That sounds like a good deal. Do all schools do that?

That sounds like a good deal. Do all schools do that?

I don't know if they all do, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find out if you browse the school websites. I know optometry schools have a similar deal.

I'll have B.S in Biochemistry this May. With almost 2 years consistently taking Biochem from Fundamental to upper level courses, it'll be a breeze to go through Biochem again in Pharmacy school.

I have my Bachelor's in Microbiology & Molecular Biology :)

I'll have my B.S. in Genetics this May.