BScN student: What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOrb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in my final year of my BScN (4 yr) degree in Ontario, Canada. I also have an Ontario College Certificate in Health Sciences. My GPA is 4.0 and I am an honors student.

Members don't see this ad.

As in a BSN... Nursing? Can I ask why you're preparing to go MD from that?

It is because while completing my clinical hours for nursing, I worked in a maternity triage in the emergency department. I realized that more than anything, I wanted to be an OB/GYN.

Members don't see this ad :)
If a person with a bachelors in history is eligible for med school (they are) then you certainly are eligible with a BSN. Why would you think you couldn't do it?

Your 4.0 is great, (cGPA?) but nobody here can give you an honest answer without an MCAT score. If you finish with a 4.0 cGPA (thus 4.0 BCPM by necessity) then you really only need a 30 and you'll be a very strong candidate at MD schools. Of course, the higher the better. Get 35 or higher and you can start looking at top tier (assuming you have great ECs).

As long as you took the prerequisite courses, your BSN is from a nationally accredited university, and get a good MCAT with your great GPA then you're going to get in somewhere.

It is because while completing my clinical hours for nursing, I worked in a maternity triage in the emergency department. I realized that more than anything, I wanted to be an OB/GYN.

:thumbup:

I went through the exact timing of realization as an x-ray technologist.