BSMD/MBBS Programs Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

asdfghjkl12345uiytr

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a US citizen looking to be a surgeon.
I am pretty sure I will not qualify for any of the bsmd programs in the US. I have applied but...well, im praying 🙂 i do not have such a great record. 3.8-4.0 gpa, ~1300 sat, bunch of volunteer hours, but thats pretty much it. i moved around about 4-5 times in high school so i was not allowed to take AP's.

Are there any accelerated medical programs i may be able to get into? it is fine if it is abroad. I am looking into some mbbs programs in the uk, and it seems like all of them have a deadline by october 15, which already passed.

I know these accelerated programs are hard to get into but are there any that are easier than others? so that i may have a chance...
 
Do you want to ultimately practice in the US? If so, avoid programs not on US soil. The landscape for IMG/FMG residency placement is changing (read: getting worse for them) and increasingly risky.

There are several BS/MD programs in the US, all a google search and most likely a pre-compiled list away.

For years in undergrad, I had wished that I knew about these when I was an upperclassman in high school. But I have come to realize that the real-world, full-time work experiences and social experiences that I gained during my time at University and afterwards have enabled me to grow as a person in ways that I doubt are remotely possible for the "baby-docs" (a recent grad told me this is a common title for BS/MD students, and more traditional/older medical students in her program seemed to think the students were lower caliber and immature, with very high burn-out) while in their programs.