BSN Applying to Post-Bacc Programs - HELP ME

Started by tegz14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tegz14

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am currently a nursing student at a state school in the middle of the country. I am graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in December and am looking into Post Bacc Programs to apply to. I will be graduating with around a 3.5 GPA and was needing some help looking into programs.
 
Because you want to go to medical school? Why not work for a year or two as a nurse in an ICU and do your pre-reqs/ take your MCAT for med school over that time. You would get a ton of clinical experience. You would also need to shadow and do some service volunteering during that time too but I think you’d be golden. A 3.5 GPA isn’t bad if you have a 510+ MCAT and your pre-req grades are high 3.8+.