Bss

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yesmeena

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is BSS a question book series like Pre-test , or an aggregation of questions like the NBME that i could find on a CD or sold on-line ?? any idea how to get hold of them ?

i've heard that between Q-Bank , NBME & BSS , you can ace the actual exam!

thanks & good luck to all :)

I've learned that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned that the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

I've learned that I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean BRS (Board review series) or BSS (Board simulator series). I have BSS, it's a question bank CD. And it sort of sucks. BRS is a review book, with a short number of questions at the end of each chapter.

yesmeena said:
is BSS a question book series like Pre-test , or an aggregation of questions like the NBME that i could find on a CD or sold on-line ?? any idea how to get hold of them ?

i've heard that between Q-Bank , NBME & BSS , you can ace the actual exam!

thanks & good luck to all :)

yes , I meant BSS . could you please tell me where to get it ??

(is it sold online , can it be down-loaded from any sites you know ??)

any input would be highly appreciated !! thanx again !

"I hired you to make right decisions." "And how do I do that?" he asked. "Experience!" she answered. "How do I get experience?" he asked. "Wrong decisions."

yesmeena said:
yes , I meant BSS . could you please tell me where to get it ??

(is it sold online , can it be down-loaded from any sites you know ??)

any input would be highly appreciated !! thanx again !

ebay

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm using BSS early on for questions. I'm not using it as a predictor of how I'll do on Step 1 but rather as a learning tool. The questions are hard and not in the format of the current USMLE. However, the explanations are great and much can be learned from them.

Use it if you have lots of time before boards, otherwise stick to more up-to-date question sources. G'luck.

BSS is available in both a 5 book format and as a CD. From old searches on this site, I've heard that bootleg copies of the BSS CD do not have a feature to avoid getting repeated questions, so you might have a problem going through them.

I got the CD, but I am having problems getting started. Do you have to take the questions as they come up or is there a way to choose a category of questions (like in Qreview)? Also, how do you access the answers if you get a question wrong?

@tiger08:
Go to the exam setbar bar and click on session options. Uncheck the "Use all catagories" box and the list of subjects will become clear. Click on the subject you want to be tested in and then click "Run Study Session". You'll be tested exclusively from that subject. You can choose to ignore the time limitation. When your time runs out, it blares out a big fancy alert, just ok it and keep working.

thanx for all the feedback ! i'm trying to get the CD , but just in case , is there a site where I can download the Qs from ?

My brother found it in a pile of USMLE CDs we already had ! (it wasn't clearly marked on the outside)

Sorry to bother everyone & sorry I can't be of any help . If I do come across it online, I'll be sure to post the link here ,God willing.