BU AADSAS - status update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherrycooler09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if BU updates application status on AADSAS. I know they said they update weekly, but there's nothing on mine. It's already been ~6 weeks since I received an email from them saying that app is received and I also paid my app fee right away.

They said to refrain from calling, but I want to know if my app is under review?! or if they are waiting from some documents (which I don't think so since other schools I applied to have all the require documents).
What do you think? Is my file under review but they haven't update it on AADSAS or what?!

Members don't see this ad.

i have the same question- nothing for me on BU's AADSAS update either...

I don't think they update it often. I received an interview from BU awhile ago and my status hasn't changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
After I paid my fee, and received the complete email, my status changed to "under-review". I received an interview invite a while ago as well, but status hasn't changed on aadsas.

After I paid my fee, and received the complete email, my status changed to "under-review". I received an interview invite a while ago as well, but status hasn't changed on aadsas.

Can I ask when you received the e-mail??

Should I call and ask?! man, what's going on with my appp?! =(

same here....i submitted my application fee approximately 6 weeks ago also but haven't heard anything since.

i was invited for an interview on 9/19 through letter, and just today 10/9 did my status change from blank to interview

OK, that's good to know.. I guess they don't update the site as what they said "weekly".

Good luck w/ the interview Plopper!

i was invited for an interview on 9/19 through letter, and just today 10/9 did my status change from blank to interview

So you got a letter in the mail from BU? i thought they did it by email

yes, i was mistaken i just checked, they did in fact email me on the 19th, but does anyone know if they've given away most of their pre-dec interviews, bc mine is dec 1st

My BU status just updated on AADSAS after being docile since I turned in my app back in Sept. It switched to Received/Under Review. It just seems a little late in the game to have changed. Just curious if this happened to anyone else today or recently? Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?

Last edited:
Recieved this update on AADSAS this afternoon:

Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is currently being reviewed by the committee. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally, interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.3 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 20 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come into our consideration of a candidate: community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendation, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we continually review it against the total applicant pool. We will contact you as soon as any further decision has been made regarding your application. We have a lengthy review process and ask for your patience during this time.

Anyone else get this? This is the first I have heard from them and it seems pretty late..better late than never I guess.

Recieved this update on AADSAS this afternoon:

Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is currently being reviewed by the committee. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally, interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.3 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 20 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come into our consideration of a candidate: community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendation, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we continually review it against the total applicant pool. We will contact you as soon as any further decision has been made regarding your application. We have a lengthy review process and ask for your patience during this time.

Anyone else get this? This is the first I have heard from them and it seems pretty late..better late than never I guess.

I've had that update since August.... still there.

My status changed to this, as well. It's pretty late for them to do this, but if we were all denied then I'm sure they would have just saved themselves the trouble and put that up.

A friend of mine said she received this last year and got an interview in April and got in! Pretty late...but keep your hopes up!