ldm0208

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello fellow SDNers,

Does any of you know/have/remember, in the past a few years, approximately how many people were lucky enough to get off of the alternate list? There should a couple of big waves starting 5/1, then possibly several small ones by the end of the summer(before c/o 2014 orientation) since it's a relatively expensive school.

Are alternates ranked??

If you know anything about their alternate list, please share with us.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

pacific2013

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
bump! anybody??
I was an alternate last year and it appeared being an alternate was actually a negative thing. When I called Laura, she made it sound it was good to be placed on the alternate, but she didn't clearly say I was in a better position to be an alternate or not. People who were not placed on the alternate actually had a higher chance of getting in, at least according to SDN.

I have no idea as to how many got in, but I do know the list is NOT ranked. To be honest with you, I wouldn't hold that much hope.....just my 2cents.

ldm0208

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I was an alternate last year and it appeared being an alternate was actually a negative thing. When I called Laura, she made it sound it was good to be placed on the alternate, but she didn't clearly say I was in a better position to be an alternate or not. People who were not placed on the alternate actually had a higher chance of getting in, at least according to SDN.

I have no idea as to how many got in, but I do know the list is NOT ranked. To be honest with you, I wouldn't hold that much hope.....just my 2cents.
Thanks for your input, but how is that even possible?? hm....

Anyother opinions??

Mar 31, 2010
Status
Dental Student
i just got placed on the alternate list yesterday :(

i dont understand how an alternate has a lesser chance of getting in than a non-alternate?? can someone explain this? thanks.

pacific2013

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental

i dont understand how an alternate has a lesser chance of getting in than a non-alternate?? can someone explain this? thanks.
You can imagine the people who are not placed on the alternate list as the "main" candidates to chose from for acceptance and "alternate" as candidates for acceptance after the "main" candidates. I don't know why BU did this last year, especially when this was not the case the year before that, but that is what I experienced along with other alternate list members last year if you check their thread. I can't guarantee none of the alternate list got in last year but I'm telling what happened to the majority.

Oct 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental

When did you interview? I am still waiting to hear from them?

ldm0208

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
giving up my BU spot. Will call tomorrow. Good luck!
Just out of curiosity, where did you pick over BU?
and if you don't mind, could you tell us the reasons behind your decision?

Thank you!

Mar 31, 2010
Status
Dental Student
havent heard anything yet -- i think movement (if any) will be first or second week of may, since thats when deposits are due?? can anyone vouch for this?

ldm0208

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Isn't it about time YET??
if you heard anything from BU, please share with us. We've been patiently waiting... :(