BU alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

*Tooth*fairy*

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what it means to be on the BU Alternate list, i.e do I actually have a chance? They said their school is full or something like that on infosource.
Does anyone know if the list is ranked by grades or is it ranked by who interviewed first etc., or is it just a list that doesnt move? Does anyone know? It didnt tell me a rank or anything like that.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I am not answering ur question here but I am surprised that there is anything on infosource. i interviewed in march and I have not heard anything yet from BU. for Me, infosource says 'invited for interview'... it has not changed. so it really changed for you?

back to ur question, i remember reading in one of the threads that BU has some long waitlists. but dont hold me to that.

-Vix

I am uncertain about the meaning of these long waitlists; on the dental interview feedback section from the SDN homepage, the last entry under BU is from someone who said they interviewed on April 5th 2005 and was accepted on April 20th 2005. I don't know if this person was fibbing or maybe has a 4.0 or what, because I know that people on SDN were saying they were waitlisted at BU well before April 5th; something does not add up then. Maybe there is a distinction between waitlist and alternate list ie. one is a polite rejection and the other is sincerely a queue if spots open up. Mine specified alternate list;

I think a lot of schools have long waitlists, I am concerned with how they are ranked, by grades or by who interviews first....I hope it's by grades ;)

victorria82 said:
Sorry I am not answering ur question here but I am surprised that there is anything on infosource. i interviewed in march and I have not heard anything yet from BU. for Me, infosource says 'invited for interview'... it has not changed. so it really changed for you?

back to ur question, i remember reading in one of the threads that BU has some long waitlists. but dont hold me to that.

-Vix

I have been waitlisted at BU. I was interviewed in Feb. I dont know how their waitlist works. Some guy who works at BU told me that it moves up pretty fast. I hope it does. :)