Program-Specific Info / Q's BU Early Decision Virtual Interview -- or if you've done BU interviews in the past. Group interview tips?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimot_

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I got invited for an interview at Boston University.
But in almost all slots, it has max (10) people per slot but the interview is only 20 minutes so I am very confused.
Is this a group interview? and if is, how do you stand out from a group of 10 people in 20 minutes???o_O
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 11.31.51 AM.png

Any tips on group interviews? or how graduate programs do group interviews?

There are few slots with max (2) people in it for 20 minutes already filled out and I thought this wasn't fair because they have a better advantage.
So I'm really confused if the 10 people slot is a group interview or not. It is not mentioned in the email and I don't think it's a smart move to ask.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I'm also doing their early decision interview, too. I'm not positive where I saw this, but I remember reading a while ago that it was an individual interview with 2 faculty members.

Also, if you wanted to check with someone who isn't a professor/administrator, they have current OT student ambassadors through the Goode OT Resource Room who you could email directly to ask about their interview experience.

Best of luck, and congrats on getting an interview! We're one huge step closer :)

Hi,
I applied for early decision as well for BU. I was wondering what you're stats were, I haven't gotten an interview acceptance or denial yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

I also got an interview slot that has 10 people. I hope that it ends up being one-on-one with faculty, given that the interview is only 20 minutes long. If you guys wanted to connect to talk it through before it happens, I would so be down for that! :lol: Very nervous but excited at the same time. @ToriwillbeOT @futureotz

Hi!

I also got an interview slot that has 10 people. I hope that it ends up being one-on-one with faculty, given that the interview is only 20 minutes long. If you guys wanted to connect to talk it through before it happens, I would so be down for that! :lol: Very nervous but excited at the same time. @ToriwillbeOT @futureotz
Hey! I'm not sure if you've interviewed yet, but I'd love to connect :) My interview is this week, so if you already interviewed it would be great to hear about how it went, or if your slot is still upcoming we can talk through it beforehand!

Hi,
I applied for early decision as well for BU. I was wondering what you're stats were, I haven't gotten an interview acceptance or denial yet
Hi, I hope you've gotten an update over the past few weeks! If you'd like, I can DM you with my stats.

Hey! I'm not sure if you've interviewed yet, but I'd love to connect :) My interview is this week, so if you already interviewed it would be great to hear about how it went, or if your slot is still upcoming we can talk through it beforehand!
Hey, I'm sorry I just saw this. Do you know when we will hear back from them? I was so nervous for the interview so I stuttered a lot, I don't feel too confident but I'm wondering if you know by any chance.

Hey, I'm sorry I just saw this. Do you know when we will hear back from them? I was so nervous for the interview so I stuttered a lot, I don't feel too confident but I'm wondering if you know by any chance.
I also don't think I did very well... the questions were very broad and a little hard to give concise answers. I interviewed on 12/4 and they told me they would send an email within 2-3 weeks, so I am really hoping to hear next week? Keep me updated!

Hi all! I just received an acceptance to BU's entry level OTD program for Fall 2021. Was looking to connect with other admitted students :)

Best of luck to all those that applied!!

I was accepted as well! Would anyone like to start a groupme? If you message me your phone number, I'd be happy to start one :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I just received an acceptance to BU's entry level OTD program for Fall 2021. Was looking to connect with other admitted students :)

Best of luck to all those that applied!!
Hi! I also received acceptance and would love to connect!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted as well! Would anyone like to start a groupme? If you message me your phone number, I'd be happy to start one :)
hey! I'd love to be a part of a group. Unfortunately though, I'm out of country right now and was wondering if everyone was down for facebook group messenger instead?

Reactions: 1 user
hey! I'd love to be a part of a group. Unfortunately though, I'm out of country right now and was wondering if everyone was down for facebook group messenger instead?
I'm interested in that!

@wannabeOT2021 @ToriwillbeOT @otj_98 @futureotz hi everyone! hadnt checked this in a while but its great to hear form some other admitted students. i can set up a groupme or facebook group if yall are interested!
hey! I think we are all interested!! haha but we are not on this forum at the same time so we keep missing each other :rofl:.
How do we start making a Facebook messenger thing without sharing personal info on here? Is everyone attending tomorrow's webinar?? I'm guessing I'll see everyone there except I don't know your names yet so I'll have to guess who's who hahah @bomorale @wannabeOT2021 @ToriwillbeOT @otj_98 @mirot

hey! I think we are all interested!! haha but we are not on this forum at the same time so we keep missing each other :rofl:.
How do we start making a Facebook messenger thing without sharing personal info on here? Is everyone attending tomorrow's webinar?? I'm guessing I'll see everyone there except I don't know your names yet so I'll have to guess who's who hahah @bomorale @wannabeOT2021 @ToriwillbeOT @otj_98 @mirot
I think we can make a private message, I’ll try that! Otherwise yes, I’ll be there tomorrow :)

I'll also be there tomorrow ahah hopefully we can sort out some sort of group before the zoom

if anyone wants to join the small group we have, friend me on FB and let me know so i can add you! Bryan Morales

Hi! Congrats on all the acceptances! I applied regular decision and was offered an interview. I was wondering if any of you had any tips for this interview? Also, was it a group interview? Those are definitely not my favorite!

Hi! Congrats on all the acceptances! I applied regular decision and was offered an interview. I was wondering if any of you had any tips for this interview? Also, was it a group interview? Those are definitely not my favorite!
Congrats on your interview! I applied to BU regular decision too! Did you get an interview request via email? I haven't heard anything yet and am just anxiously refreshing my email every 5 min lol.

Congrats on your interview! I applied to BU regular decision too! Did you get an interview request via email? I haven't heard anything yet and am just anxiously refreshing my email every 5 min lol.
Hi! I got an email. There were a lot of time slots, so I'm sure there are more emails being sent out soon! Good luck.

Hi! I was accepted into the program today and was wondering if I could connect with those who are going to the program. Feel free to message me :)

Hi guys!

I got invited for an interview at Boston University.
But in almost all slots, it has max (10) people per slot but the interview is only 20 minutes so I am very confused.
Is this a group interview? and if is, how do you stand out from a group of 10 people in 20 minutes???o_O
View attachment 321809
Any tips on group interviews? or how graduate programs do group interviews?

There are few slots with max (2) people in it for 20 minutes already filled out and I thought this wasn't fair because they have a better advantage.
So I'm really confused if the 10 people slot is a group interview or not. It is not mentioned in the email and I don't think it's a smart move to ask.
Hey! I did my interview with an early decision. The sign-up is confusing but don't worry! The interview is between 10 and 15 mins and is one on one. You are asked questions about what is OT, why OT, why BU, what do you do in your free time, etc. Make sure you have at least one to two questions prepared to ask at the end of the interview! Most importantly, be calm and answer to the best of your ability.