BU gotta bad rep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothbugger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've read several post in the past about people saying BU is not a really good school, but nobody is really explaining why.......and that school is one of my top choices......so aside from the high tuition, why are some people saying it's got a bad rep?

Members don't see this ad.

BU is not a bad dental school. Matter a fact there is no such this as a bad dental school. Unless you attend a dental school you do not know the full extent of any of the problems they face.

Regarding BU, they previously had little problem with faculty. Currently i do not hear any complaints from BU dental students.

They also have very little hard time getting patients into their clinic. But in order to fix it they have been marketing very aggressively at cheaper costs than the treatment provided by the 2 other dental schools in the same state.

Personally, I would choose BU over any other new schools. I wouldn't choose bu over state school or other much OLDER private schools.

Older schools are much more research oriented, new schools are sort of like technical schools with no research, etc... Plus professors in older schools have much more experience running the clinic, research and their own private practice, and they will spread on that knowledge to you.

Hope this helps.

Would you say that BU is a reserach oriented school? Or that it focuses equally on clinical and research (not as research hardcore as harvard?) I noticed their website has a section devoted to research, so I'm just wondering

Would you say that BU is a reserach oriented school? Or that it focuses equally on clinical and research (not as research hardcore as harvard?) I noticed their website has a section devoted to research, so I'm just wondering

Hey man, from reading the BU site thoroughly I saw that they do have a good focus on the clinic especially with there 4th year externships into the community health centers. Also, I watched there videos on the site, and they had a specific video just for research which they seemed proud of...so yeah