BU interview criteria change?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is currently being reviewed by the committee. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally, interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.3 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 20 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come into our consideration of a candidate: community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendation, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we continually review it against the total applicant pool. We will contact you as soon as any further decision has been made regarding your application. We have a lengthy review process and ask for your patience during this time.

It used to say 3.2 and 19. I have a 3.25 sGPA that's where my concern comes in, does anyone know why this jump?

Members don't see this ad.

It changed by me too. I dont understand why I havent been invited for an interview. My stats are better than their averages.

It changed by me too. I dont understand why I havent been invited for an interview. My stats are better than their averages.

i was thinking the same thing.
but i just got an email inviting me to an interview in Feb. seems really late...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
ive was thinking the same thing.
but i just got an email inviting me to an interview in Feb. seems really late...

When did you get it?

OK when I finish work I guess I have to check my email.

i hope there is one there for you

lol thanks. I probably wont go to it, but i just want to asee that my application fee wasnt just me donating money to the school.

Just got an Email from them for an interview. I guess they are still sending them out.

Hey.. I interviewed there earlier this month.. and I actually have a science gpa of 3.2.. and although my DAT scores are around 20, I do have a 27 in RC and a 15 in PAT.. so im not too sure how strictly they apply their cut offs..

i just got an interview today im soo excited !!!1

i was thinking the same thing.

I thought the same thing, and I thought they might be doing it for their waitlist because a friend of mine from last year got on for late march or something and when he got there they said they were interviewing specifically for their waitlist. I asked when I called to confirm though, and they said that if it was for waitlist they would say it in the letter. Late or not, then, I'm pretty excited. :)

wtf is going on here