BU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ridi604

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys, I have been monitoring this forum for awhile now. I have just decided to create an account. I know its kind of late in the game but I am interviewing at Boston next friday (Feb 25). I am wondering what is the interview like and what kinda format was it? Is it like situational and behavior based like the Canadian interviews? Can anyone give me some insights on it? Thanks very much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well they've invited you so they are already considering accepting you. the BU interview is all about being personable with the interviewer, they want to see if you will fit in with the class and be able to relate to patients in the future. you've already demonstrated you have the science and booksmarts, now show them you are personable. so when they ask you about one of your experiences elaborate on it while focusing on the interpersonal relationships you were able to develop. good luck

The BU interview is very conversational. My interviewer just went through my application with me and asked me things like where I'm from, how long I have had my braces, what I thought of the school etc. The only weird question I got was why wouldn't xxx school want you? It was hard for me to come up with an answer for that, besides that I was an out of state applicant.

The interview really isn't a big deal. I thought I bombed it- I told my interviewer that I forgot my questions and froze for 2 minutes, and I still got in. :) so don't worry.