BU MAMS vs Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

No1nfoProvided

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much set on Georgetown, but I just received notice I'm "high-priority" waitlisted there (even though classes start in 2 weeks o_O). I've received acceptance into BU MAMS and they require a response by the 26th. I really hope I get a response from Georgetown before then, but is it worth the waiting on and declining on BU MAMS for the prestige of Georgetown?

I have also heard that Boston is a great city to live in. I've visited D.C. and enjoyed it, but everybody just heaps praises onto Boston.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Go with the sure thing; if Boston needs a response by tomorrow then take it and run. At this point, Georgetown might take a couple more people off their waitlist but it's definitely not something to put money on.

If you'd rather not torture yourself I'd go so far as to recommend withdrawing from Gtown; no point anguishing yourself over what might have been. Besides, for these reputable SMP-type programs, I'd argue that your success will depend much more on your performance and much less on the school name itself.

I understand that the Georgetown prestige would be nice, but at this point I'd strongly recommend going with the bird in hand.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I know it's the 26th right now, but I agree with everything QQm said. Good luck with your future!

Thanks a lot guys for your responses. You just confirmed what I was thinking. Just formally accepted Boston.