BU status update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATdestroyer123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you with BU invites or information, I'm wondering why my status for BU has not been updated at all even though I got an email on the 4th for the application fee. Is this normal or should I give them a call and see what's up? how long after the application fee email should we get a status update or an application complete email? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what's normal for BU, but they sent me an email requesting payment on 8/10. I paid right away, and they sent me an interview invitation on 8/25. To this day I have not gotten an application complete email from them. I can't remember what AADSAS listed for my BU application status before 8/25.

On my AADSAS status it tells me that my application is Under Review, but when i called them yesterday they told me that they havent received my DAT scores yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
On my AADSAS status it tells me that my application is Under Review, but when i called them yesterday they told me that they havent received my DAT scores yet...

When did you take your DAT?

So do you guys think I should give them a call? I don't have anything under BU, not even a under review status. I hate calling schools that tell us in bold to inquire about status updates over the phone/email.

When did you take your DAT?

i took it on aug 21. the lady said that they do weekly downloads from the ADA server as well, so hopefully itll come in soon. Its just weird that on aadsas it says that my file has been forwarded to the admissions committee for reviewing etc when they don't have my new dat scores on file

So do you guys think I should give them a call? I don't have anything under BU, not even a under review status. I hate calling schools that tell us in bold to inquire about status updates over the phone/email.

It never hurts to call any school. I think that you're better off calling and knowing exactly where your application stands than just waiting in limbo. Sometimes they make mistakes on your application (it says not complete when it actually is) so I'd give them a call.

Just as a reference for you, I paid my secondaries on July 30 and got an aadsas update on aug 27.

don't pay attention to aadsas. all my apps are complete at all schools. aadsas only has three schools on there. UNC says interview invite, Columbia says app complete/under review (when i have an interview scheduled), and Temple says app complete (this is the only true one since i dont have an interview).

but i have 5 total interviews so far and only 2 schools have any message on aadsas. the other 3 never showed an app received status. so take aadsas with a grain of salt.