BU vs. Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alsjdhouh

Reaction score
I am stuck completely choosing between BU and Einstein. I did my undergrad in NYC, and have a big support system here. I also want to do my residency around NYC and work/live here long-term.

Also, though free tuition is amazing, I am not making this choice based on financial info (I.e. finances/scholarships are not a big factor for my decision). I am viewing the donation as more of a motivating factor to choose Einstein, thinking about how the money will affect the institution moving forward.

My reasons for strongly considering BU are prestige, ranking, also their focus on social justice in their learning. I want to specialize in some of the more competitive specialties, and during a visit one of the current students told me that BU is more helpful when matching.

Any and all advice is extremely welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Money aside, if you want to match in NYC I think Einstein is a no brainer. Einstein is super well established in nyc and if you look at the match lists it is heavily mt sinai, Cornell, and Columbia hospitals. It will be easy to make connections within NYC while you live here. I would also say that einstein has a pretty large emphasis on social Justice and working with underserved populations which you will certainly get to do with its location in the bronx. all of that combined with having a support system there etc makes it the clear winner to me

Reactions: 1 users
Same here, Einstein wins. Plus, with all the news around Einstein this year and the rankings shift its gonna cause, I feel like it'll help with matching down the road. Also, isn't it the BU student's (secret) job to tell you it is more helpful when matching, not saying BU is a bad school cause it is a great one.

Reactions: 1 user