BU vs. NYU

TO-boy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2004
Toronto
    Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and I'm sorry if this topic has come up before.

A little about myself,
    I'm a Canadian, in 4th year, will get my B.Sc from Univ. of Toronto this year. I have been accepted into NYU and BU. I went to NYU for my interview and it seemed like a good school, but they don't tell u everything....and for BU, my interview was here in Toronto, so I haven't seen BU, which makes my decision very difficult.

I can't decide between NYU and BU. What do I need to know about these schools before I decide? For those of you who have already decided on BU or NYU, what made you choose those schools?

Thanks a lot for your help. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 1, 2003
    Toronto, Centre of Canada
      Hey fellow UofTer...Ive been to both schools so I guess I should shed some light on your dilemma. In terms of facilities, NYU and BU are amazing....latest technology for sure...in terms of price, they are both extremely expensive and basically the same price (how else are they paying for these "amazing" facilities ;) )....

In the end, I would pick NYU for sure. Why?

- New York City...should I say more?
      - NYU's patient pool FAR exceeds BU's patient pool, meaning your clinical experience at NYU will be much better
      - NYU's curriculm has incorporated a lot of techniques which will be useful in the future, such as implants, Invisalign, etc., showing that NYU is on the ball on modern dentistry

Remember, this is only MY opinion so I hope this helps!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.