Buffalo "check back.."

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dskies

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine still invited for interview, when was ur interview?

Sept...18th ish somewhere around there. Here's hoping.

Members don't see this ad :)
My sister's aadsas says that for Buffalo, but mine does not :(... I will be waiting longer than she will I guess!

My sister's aadsas says that for Buffalo, but mine does not :(... I will be waiting longer than she will I guess!

It is pretty cool that you and your sister are applying to dental school at the same time. Are you two twins? Do you guys prefer to go to the same school?

Anyways, my status for Buffalo is also check back, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes to both :), thanks! Buffalo is our top choice so its making me go crazy right now lol. Good luck on your status, hope to find out by tonight!

Mine says to check back on Dec 1 too.
I don't like what I see...

Mine says to check back on Dec 1 too.
I don't like what I see...
I think check back is a good sign. Mine still reads 'invited for interview' I'm OOS and don't have the best scores if that says anything...

I think check back is a good sign. Mine still reads 'invited for interview' I'm OOS and don't have the best scores if that says anything...

Schools that didn't interview me gave me checkbacks.. and I am an international !!
So don't lose hope : )
well in the worst case for me, I will go to australia hehe :D

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe out of those who interviewed, people accepted have a status change. those who didn't remained the same :xf:

So are you guys saying that people who had an interview and currently have " invited for interview" status will not have acceptance/decline notification 12:00pm today??

So are you guys saying that people who had an interview and currently have " invited for interview" status will not have acceptance/decline notification 12:00pm today??

Not sure but the person with "check back" means that school made decision upon their applications, either "rejection" or "offer made". So it seems like if your status haven't changed yet, you may not hear from the school tomorrow.

That is a sad news for me. I hope it is not a sign of wait list since wait list is also one of decisions.
Probably have to wait a few more days....

What's shakin with UB's AADSAS update? I thought it was supposed to be at midnight...

those of you with check backs....did they turn into acceptances?

nope.. still "check back"....

I have a check back status, but it hasn't changed yet...I hope I don't have to wait until 8am...i want to actually be able to sleep tonight

I have a check back status, but it hasn't changed yet...I hope I don't have to wait until 8am...i want to actually be able to sleep tonight

Is AADSAS updated at 8:00?
I guess I stay up tonight haha

AADSAS updated, thank you buffalo... looking forward to my call from Dr. Brown. good luck SDN.

"offer made"

Last edited:
My checkback turned into offer made :love:

This is how my call went with Dr. Brown:

Dr. Brown: Good morning _____ this is Dr. Brown from the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine.
Me: Good morning Dr. Brown. How are you doing today?
*** silence
Dr. Brown: Hello?
Me: Hello? I am sorry about that my phone is getting bad reception.
Dr. Brown: That is ok. This is Dr. Brown from the University at Buffalo Dental School. We would like to........
Me: Hello?
Me: Hello......?
*** Lost signal (I basically hung up on my number one school. lol)

He called back and left me an acceptance message. I needed to get better reception before i tried to answer the phone again after that first attempt. I hope the rest of you have better luck with your phones then i did.

This is how my call went with Dr. Brown:

Dr. Brown: Good morning _____ this is Dr. Brown from the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine.
Me: Good morning Dr. Brown. How are you doing today?
*** silence
Me: Hello? I am sorry about that my phone is getting bad reception.
Dr. Brown: That is ok. This is Dr. Brown from the University at Buffalo Dental School. We would like to........
Me: Hello?
Me: Hello......?
*** Lost signal (I basically hung up on my number one school. lol)

He called back and left me an acceptance message. I needed to get better reception before i tried to answer the phone again after that first attempt. I hope the rest of you have better luck with your phones then i did.

when did you get the call?!

Sisero, did your AADSAS update to offer made prior to receiving the call?

Sisero, did your AADSAS update to offer made prior to receiving the call?

Yes it did, Dr. Brown called at 8:33am the initial time. From what i understand he will be calling each individual personally throughout the day and evening.

someone find out what it means that aadsas never changed from "invited for interview" :xf::xf:

i have a bad feeling about it...:scared:

It means alternate list, though you should call and confirm... at least that's what it means for me! :( Good luck though, don't lose the hope!

Just got the call at 11:30ish AM. I couldn't really get a word in, but he just congratulated me, told me there's a packet coming in, and all that good stuff. I almost interrupted him lol, but at the end I just said thank you very much and for him to have a nice day, and that I am very excited. UB right now is probably my top choice out of the acceptances I have.

It means alternate list, though you should call and confirm... at least that's what it means for me! :( Good luck though, don't lose the hope!
is that what it was for you?

altnernate list for me too :(

Congratulations to all who have been accepted at Buffalo. It is my top choice, but i've not heard anything from them but still keeping the faith. Do any of you who interviewed there know what the average debt their students incur after graduation?

Congratulations to all who have been accepted at Buffalo. It is my top choice, but i've not heard anything from them but still keeping the faith. Do any of you who interviewed there know what the average debt their students incur after graduation?

why not wait for an acceptance before worrying bout debt.