Buffalo "Continuing Review"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farzoo101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from Buffalo saying my application is in the "continuing review" phase. They havent decided if they want to give me an interview, but they will revisit the app periodically
What does this mean? Its still so early in the cycle, what are the chances to get an interview after this?

Stats:
AA:23 TS: 24 PAT: 18
sGPA: 3.75
oGPA: 3.79
about 100 hours shadowing
NY residency

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got that email last year. It's possible to get an interview, but don't count on it.

Reactions: 1 user
It means exactly what it says in the email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess hope is lost :(
I wonder what went wrong..

It's a crapshoot. My stats were about the same as yours, and I got many interviews to other places, so keep your chin up :)

OP
Just got an email from Buffalo saying my application is in the "continuing review" phase. They havent decided if they want to give me an interview, but they will revisit the app periodically
What does this mean? Its still so early in the cycle, what are the chances to get an interview after this?

Stats:
AA:23 TS: 24 PAT: 18
sGPA: 3.75
oGPA: 3.79
about 100 hours shadowing
whats your state of residency btw?

New york :O

Do you have anything thats bringing you down other than dat and gpa? How are your ecs and ps? My stats are slightly lower than yours but i was offered an interview

Do you have anything thats bringing you down other than dat and gpa? How are your ecs and ps? My stats are slightly lower than yours but i was offered an interview
I dont see how my DAT and gpa would "bring me down" with the exception of the PAT score that isn't the best. I think my Extra ciriculars are good, with about 2000+ research hours, clubs (with eboard positions), and a part time jobs. I know my letters of recs were great along with my PS (got positive feedback during committee interview). But you never know what the school is looking for.

congrats on the interview BTW

are you an NY resident?

edit: just saw you're in NY

Yeah OP there is nothing anyone here, including me, can say to explain why you got this e-mail. You may still be offered an interview like the e-mail says but its a crapshoot. For reference, my app was mailed out beginning of september last year and I was offered an interview in late november. Also your stats are better than mine.

It's a crapshoot. My stats were about the same as yours, and I got many interviews to other places, so keep your chin up :)

Welp, Buffalo missed out on a good student by sending you that e-mail.

Congrats man!! Great program- best of luck :)

are you an NY resident?

edit: just saw you're in NY

Yeah OP there is nothing anyone here, including me, can say to explain why you got this e-mail. You may still be offered an interview like the e-mail says but its a crapshoot. For reference, my app was mailed out beginning of september last year and I was offered an interview in late november. Also your stats are better than mine.

Thanks for the kind words, I guess I was just a little shocked (and maybe a little offended). I have to work on not taking the upcoming rejections personally.:shrug: Doesn't help that I thought buffalo was the one school that I have a really good shot in getting in (and I would be really excited to actually go there). Just gonna wait it out and see what happens.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, I guess I was just a little shocked (and maybe a little offended). I have to work on not taking the upcoming rejections personally.:shrug: Doesn't help that I thought buffalo was the one school that I thought I have a really good shot in getting in (and I would be really excited to actually go there). Just gonna wait it out and see what happens.
I understand. I'm not a NY resident so it came as less of a shock to me. Luckily for you, you have great stats and multiple other schools in New York. I think you'll be alright. One of the other schools in NY, or somewhere else, is probably better suited for you anyway. A year from now, you'll look back and shrug at Buffalo :)

Reactions: 1 users
i just got this same email. a couple weeks ago i emailed them asking what they were missing from my app bc on aadsas it said "waiting for info" so they said they forgot they gave me the FAP fee waiver for my secondary. so my app was just sent under review about a week ago, and now just got this email :(

Lol they addressed this specifically at the interview, continuing review doesn't mean you're rejected basically.

Lol they addressed this specifically at the interview, continuing review doesn't mean you're rejected basically.
Did they say any more about it? Like how many who receive that email end up getting an interview anyway?

He basically said that there are quite a few people every year that get interviews after receiving a continuing review. They still review your application for every round of interviews. IMO, it's better than the schools that have you listed on AADSAS as "under review", and you don't hear back at all.

Does buffalo reject anyone? Seems like anyone gets the continuing review so it doesn't seem any different.