Buffalo Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I assume we will still be receiving formal acceptance letters from Buffalo shortly?

tinman831 said:
READY FOR REVIEW! :) :( :scared:

Me too. Except they already reviewed mine and will review it again. That sucks cuz I thought I had the stats for buffalo but I guess being a canadian caught up with me :( either that or they just don't like me :( :( :D

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of u who got accepted, when was your site last updated? what date does it say? congratz!!!

RnB7 said:
for those of u who got accepted, when was your site last updated? what date does it say? congratz!!!
It says it was updated Nov. 21, but the status changed from 'Available after December 1' to Interview or Accept the Applicant

Mine says "Ready for review" What the heck does that mean?? My application was mailed out 3 MONTHS ago.... Better than rejected I guess...

I don't get this. Why would it say "interview the applicant" if we already interviewed there. For those of you who have "interview the applicant", when did you interview there?

If I was really waitlisted, then it would say "alternate", but it doesn't so I am rejected :( :mad:

NA4242 said:
If I was really waitlisted, then it would say "alternate", but it doesn't so I am rejected :( :mad:

Just because it doesn't say that you were accepted, means that you're rejected. It could just mean they are still considering you for the next round of acceptances. Have faith and stay strong. You'll get that acceptance letter soon enough. :)

I just got acceptance at buffalo. Congrats to the others and good luck to the rest!

Kremlar said:
Mine says "Ready for review" What the heck does that mean?? My application was mailed out 3 MONTHS ago.... Better than rejected I guess...

Mine says "ready for review" as well, it was received on 9/20/2005 and last updated 10/17/2005. Those of you who got interviews, when was your status last updated?

what website do we check??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm..This is what it says in the website:
"Web Site Last Updated: Mon Nov 21 11:37:25 2005"

I guess they haven't update the web site yet so "Don't Worry"

Good Luck

At 12:01 am mine said "Interview the Applicant" but now it says Alternate, meaning wait list.

I just got "conditional accept" with no explanation. Anyone know what this means? I mean i still have some prereq classes in progress, could the accept be conditional depending on completing them?

Anyway im still psyched.. I am CONDITIONALLY accepted to Buffalo!

My application status now is "Alternate" instead of "interview the applicant

NA4242 said:
My application status now is "Alternate" instead of "interview the applicant

Me too :( Do you know if and when they would go to the alternate list? Does this mean there's no way to get accepted?

I just called and they said that they periodically accept students from waiting list. According to the admission office, they accept a significant number from the waiting list. They wouldn't tell me my ranking thou.

alfie5884 said:
Me too :( Do you know if and when they would go to the alternate list? Does this mean there's no way to get accepted?

They updated their site 9 am this morning. Those of us who turned to Alternate are now in the waiting list.

Bronco said:
They updated their site 9 am this morning. Those of us who turned to Alternate are now in the waiting list.

I guess I'll just hope they'll accept applicants from their waiting list :oops:

Mine got updated at 9 AM and it says Accept the Applicant. Gluck to those who are still waiting!

Does anyone know what conditional accept mean?????

I received my snail mail packet from Buffalo today. It was postmarked for Nov 30, and I live in Amherst, MA, so I'm surprised it got here so quickly!! It came with a letter, some info on minimum requirements after getting accepted, and a large car sticker :D

I'mFillingFine said:
I received my snail mail packet from Buffalo today. It was postmarked for Nov 30, and I live in Amherst, MA, so I'm surprised it got here so quickly!! It came with a letter, some info on minimum requirements after getting accepted, and a large car sticker :D

really!!! cant wait for that!!

ImFillingFine, is this your first choice? What other schools did you get into...PM me.

for all of those that got into buffalo I say "congratulations"

as i sit here in buffalo studying (well i guess procrastinating) for my gross anatomy final i give this advice to you:

Stop what you are doing immediately and proceed to the nearest liquor store/bar and start drinking until Aug. 1st or whenever school starts ;)

Seriously though, try to have as much fun as possible until the serious studying begins :thumbup:

Kingfisha said:
Does anyone know what conditional accept mean?????

"Conditional accept" means that Buffalo believes that you have unsatisfied academic requirements. They conditionally accepted my as well and today in the mail I got my acceptance packet. The acceptance letter explained why I was accepted "conditionally". :D

NA4242 said:
I just called and they said that they periodically accept students from waiting list. According to the admission office, they accept a significant number from the waiting list. They wouldn't tell me my ranking thou.

When you called did you ask how many students from last years wait list go into the DMD program?

congrads all Buffalo people.. i didn't apply there but my best friend got in there but she is probebly not going there! so one more spot open for Buffalo lovers! good luck!

I'mFillingFine said:
Ron Jeremy, F UCK me this instant!!!

Damn, might be the best thing Ive read on this website...if you are a female.

Rezdawg said:
Damn, might be the best thing Ive read on this website...if you are a female.

Of course ;)

*Steadily going insane*....I finally broke down this morning :( :(