Buffalo Dental School Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist 2 be

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone been invited on an interview to Buffalo recently? I received an interview invite via the update on their wesbite and I'm wondering if anyone knows about the school or has interviewed there recently. If sp, how full is the class? and How did you like the school?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there back in December. I came away from the program pretty impressed. The lab area could definitely use some updateing but the clinics seemed really nice. Plus you get your own chair your 3 and 4th year. The interview was pretty relaxed and everyone there seemed to be really nice. Good Luck.

TucsonDDS said:
I interviewed there back in December. I came away from the program pretty impressed. The lab area could definitely use some updateing but the clinics seemed really nice. Plus you get your own chair your 3 and 4th year. The interview was pretty relaxed and everyone there seemed to be really nice. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info. I see you got accepted there! CONGRATS! where do u think you'll go?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Buffalo at the end of February. I really like the program - I got my acceptance a few days ago and plan on attending. Everyone was very relaxed and straightforward; at the time they said the class was getting full but there were some spots left. They made it very clear that they would not be sending out more interview invites if there weren't more spots, so it's worth a shot.

toothmaniac said:
I interviewed at Buffalo at the end of February. I really like the program - I got my acceptance a few days ago and plan on attending. Everyone was very relaxed and straightforward; at the time they said the class was getting full but there were some spots left. They made it very clear that they would not be sending out more interview invites if there weren't more spots, so it's worth a shot.

ok great! thanks. I'm gonna call them today to try to schedule the interview ASAP. What were your stats if you don't mind?

I interviewed way back in October. Was accepted on 12/1, and sent my deposit in on 12/3. TucsonDDS summed up a lot of the great aspects of the school. In addition, with state tuition and cheap living expenses, you'll emerge with only about $150K in debt. Not bad if you ask me!

To the OP, I would recommend interviewing ASAP. The sooner you interview, the less likely the class will be full (if it is not full already)

See everyone in orientation on 8/1!

Dentist 2 be said:
ok great! thanks. I'm gonna call them today to try to schedule the interview ASAP. What were your stats if you don't mind?

I have a 3.9sci and 3.9 overall. I majored in chemistry am doing research which I talked about. The interview is really laid back and they don't want you to be stressed. It's really a great school. Good luck!!! :)

Last edited:
Hey, not to hijack the original thread, but I wanted to let the rest of the Buffalo Class of 2009 that the orientation page is now up. It is at:

http://www.sdm.buffalo.edu/orientation/

If you are looking for housing, go to the link "Class of 2009 Message Board". There have been some posts already by students looking to sublet. I know there were a couple of people on SDN (some guy/gal in South Africa?) already asking about housing. This message board would be a good place to start.

That's a neat website. I just looked it over; especially the first year survival guide. I can't wait till my interview. I hope I make it so I can join you!

Dentist 2 be said:
That's a neat website. I just looked it over; especially the first year survival guide. I can't wait till my interview. I hope I make it so I can join you!

you'll make it ... i interviewed there in Jan - got accepted - but the way things are looking im going to be declining my position pretty pretty soon cause i dont have the finances to go to dental school - on a happy note - if i withdraw the odds of you getting in are higher!:) - Good luck - dont worry its realllly easy :) :thumbup:

Dentist 2 be said:

Good luck on your interview. Assuming Buffalo is your top choice, make sure you tell them that at your interview. If you essentially say "if you accept me, I will attend", you'll likely improve your chances of being accepted or being placed at the top of the waitlist.

ncalcate said:
Good luck on your interview. Assuming Buffalo is your top choice, make sure you tell them that at your interview. If you essentially say "if you accept me, I will attend", you'll likely improve your chances of being accepted or being placed at the top of the waitlist.

Thanks, I hope it works out!!!

toothmaniac said:

hey when did you interview for buffalo cause I interviewed at the end of february too....
and I am planning to go there as well.

smiles4u said:
hey when did you interview for buffalo cause I interviewed at the end of february too....
and I am planning to go there as well.

j

Last edited: