Buffalo Interview Too LATE???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datmachine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an invite for a Buffalo Interview, however, the earliest date available is November 29th. Does anyone know if I will still be considered before the December 1st deadline or after?? I am really worried that my chances to get into the school will decrease if I am not considered with everyone who has already interviewed before December 1st. Do you guys think it is likely that someone will change their interview date??? Please help, I'm freaking out.

Members don't see this ad.

i actually chose to interview on 30th (they had given me an option to go earlier...but i couldn't bc of schedule conflict) - do you think that will hinder our chances?
i asked them about whether or not we'd be considered for review for the dec 1st deadline and she had said that it's been a concern and they're not sure what to do for the ones interviewing very close to the deadline...just cross your fingers that you were spectacular i suppose?

good luck with the interview in any case!
are you flying out to buffalo?

I'm interviewing the 30th too!

I asked the lady I was scheduling the interview with and she told me it'll still be considered for the first round. They'll make a decision about people who interview the 29th and the 30th by the afternoon of the 30th. She told me that if I don't see my status on Dec 1st like everyone else, I can simply just call the school to see if I got in or not. They would have made their decision by then, but not have time to submit it in with the rest of the bunch who interviewed before Dec 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
yourbuddy: when did you ask the lady that? I called this morning and a lady said the admissions committee was still unsure whether or not we would be considered first round. But doesn't it make sense that if they're making their decision in the afternoon of teh 29th and 30th.. then that means that they most likely have already chosen 99% of the people they want to accept for first rounds?? ok thanks

yes I'm flying out to buffalo

I understand the concern. But is there anything you can do about it? If not, then why worry? Sit back and enjoy the ride.

I called on Monday afternoon and that was what the lady who was setting up my interview told me.

Well if you think about it (again, I'm only deducing this out), there should still be spots left? They won't necessarily accept everyone they interview. So let's say there are 100 slots and they interview 100 people. Maybe about 50 of those slots will be filled? Then they will go onto the 2nd round. So essentially you're still considered in the first round and that your chances are still better than those getting interviews during the 2nd round? Then again, if everyone they interview (during the 1st round) impress them, then those interviewing on the 29th and 30th are at a disadvantage. :(

Just relax. They only conduct interviews on thurdays and fridays. Each day they only invite 12 people so it will be a very drawn out process to fill up the class.