Buffalo Website Updated...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
syn_apse said:
Web Site Last Updated: Wed Dec 21 09:09:44 2005
http://www.sdm.buffalo.edu/applicant/

good luck! :luck:

Nope, no change. I've given up. I didn't even want to go to that crap school :p :D hahah, j/k

I'd wanna know what kind of grades any Canadians who have been interviewed have had.

When I've asked Barbara or Dr. Joynt about my file, they say my numbers are good and well above the average for their incoming class but they have a lot of applicants this year. :(

I can't imagine that really really selective schools like Harvard would interview me and not Buffalo (although Buffalo is also very selective). I wonder if it's my lack of dental shadowing or maybe they just didn't like my personal statement. It can't be ECs, I'm friggen mother theresa :D

Good luck all!

You know what, maybe I've figured it out.

Canadian applicants usually have to wait til the end of December/January for their Canadian DAT scores so maybe their waiting to size me up against other Canadians. That could explain some things :confused:

Oh well, for now, I'm busy falling in love with UPenn :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it's because they are a state school and give preference to in-state applicants.

audio, there was one international student at my interview. didn't ask what his numbers were though.

i'm out-of-state at buffalo (and all the other schools i applied to). i moved back in may, so in the eyes of dental schools, i'm not in-state anywhere. hooray for being homeless :laugh:

hahah. I called Buffalo today and Barbara looked over my file and said it looked good and that she'd personally give it to the dean of admissions (Dr. Joynt?) to look over. The problem is that there's only a small chance he'll be in next week and I'll probably have to wait til after New Years. Hey, as long as I get an interview with 1 spot still open, I'll be happy :)

Anyone got in with the new updates??? :scared:

I checked my status and i'm on the alternate. I'm just curious to know, for those that don't get accepted, do they automatically place them in the alternate list?

Audio said:
You know what, maybe I've figured it out.

Canadian applicants usually have to wait til the end of December/January for their Canadian DAT scores so maybe their waiting to size me up against other Canadians. That could explain some things :confused:

Oh well, for now, I'm busy falling in love with UPenn :D

Good point about the Canadian DAT :thumbup:

Does anybody know how many spots are filled up at this point? Also, is there any Canadians that got accepted into Buffalo already?

Audio, would you go to Buffalo or UPENN ???

E. coli said:
Good point about the Canadian DAT :thumbup:

Does anybody know how many spots are filled up at this point? Also, is there any Canadians that got accepted into Buffalo already?

Audio, would you go to Buffalo or UPENN ???

Buffalo without a second of hesitation. I was really impressed with Penn but Buffalo is the right school for me.

Audio said:
Buffalo without a second of hesitation. I was really impressed with Penn but Buffalo is the right school for me.

Hear hear!!! That is the big question of my life, and I'm leaning towards the Buff myself. (Though I happen to be typing with my clothes on....)

:p

I'mFillingFine said:
Hear hear!!! That is the big question of my life, and I'm leaning towards the Buff myself. (Though I happen to be typing with my clothes on....)

:p

You're one funny gal...even with your clothes on :p