Building a home lab (COVID19 problems)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azdent22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some quick questions for anyone who has built a SIM lab at home in attempts to get by with minimal to no practice time. I have My basic set up already (compressor, drill/hand pieces, air syringe, pedal, Mounting pole, plus 1.5 million teeth and burs) but I need some advice on making this set up as good as I possibly can. So can anyone recommend any of the following:
-a good chair to work in
-table that is relatively easy to adjust the height on frequently (I realize that ones a stretch)
-ideas for dealing with the dust/mess (I was thinking of getting a high quality air purifier and a plastic mat- the kind for wheeled chairs in carpeted rooms)
-cheap acrylic liquid/powder for provisionals
-any other recommendations on additions to make this thing more legitimate

Thanks in advance for any advice! Learning ISTR and prosth with 2 hours of practice time a week just ain’t cutting it anymore haha

Members don't see this ad.

where'd you get the compressor etc (for cheap?)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm looking into doing the exact same thing as you, if you didn't use ebay for all of your gear, would you mind sending me a pm with whatever website you used?

Members don't see this ad :)
How about the electric handpiece system? My school uses Bien-Air. Any advice would be highly appreciated because I am in a situation where I will not be able to make it much to school lab. :(

There was a Bien air portable system for sale on ebay recently, but it was around $1500
It still makes more sense to work with bad Chinese $25 handpieces, if you are on a restricted budget

It might make sense to ask your class representative to request school to buy in bulk some kind of portable systems to use at home