Building a pain app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hfzballer11

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I matched into a PMR program for 2018. I was fortunate enough to match into a transitional year for my PGY1 starting this July, where I'll have plenty of time to pursue other interests. I will be applying to a interventional pain management fellowship, and was wondering what things I can start doing now to start building my app for that. Who do I contact? Where do I find opportunities for publication/research?

The PMR program I matched into is a mid tier program with no fellowship of its own, but it does have a good track record of getting residents into pain. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
 
I would do some anesthesia and surgical rotations, if able, in your transition year. Be a standout in all your pm&r rotations, I.e. don't blow things off because "you're a pain guy." This will keep your options open and make it easier to get rec letters later. Get some time in a pp setting and with a pain specialist early, too. Do some meaningful research that is at least remotely an area of interest to you...