Bulgaria dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Casp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Varna Medical University, Plovdiv Medical University, Sophia Medical University, and Pleven Medical University are the ones that I am considering to apply for. The program is in English, which is of course a plus. I also speak a bit of Bulgarian which is another plus. My question is how competitive is it to get into one of these dental school programs. There is no admission test for any of these universities, any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't know if Bulgaria is part of the EU, if it is not, I really don't advice you to do so

Its part of eastern Europe.. the fact that there is no admission test either shows that its easy to get in or very difficult..

Members don't see this ad :)
My previous practice in the UK had a Bulgarian dentist. I think they are eligible to practice in the EU however it also depends on your visa status. You may need a work permit and nowadays they may be hard to come by.

i know that some of eastern europe's universities are getting exponentially competitive by the year, some of them even have a one year pre med course offered by the university to prepare students for their entrance examination. but anyhow it would not hurt to try...

If you apply to these schools you will be considered a foreign student. This means that you will have virtually no trouble getting if you have enough money for the tuition. I am pretty sure that if you send them an email they will explain everything to you. As far as the EU, yes your degree will be recognized in the eu, what will matter though is will you be eligible to work in th european zone. On the other hand, if you are planning to further your education in a PG program, have in mind that the programs in Bulgaria are 6 years long.
Let me know if you have any q's

Reactions: 1 user