What does mean (Time - Voltage-depented refractoriness ) ???

Started by Askar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Askar

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In Slow Response Action Potential of SA + AV Node in Cardiac Muscle
What does mean that importance of Absolute Refactory period s = (Time - Voltage-depented refractoriness ) ????
 
i think time-voltage is what the refractory period is based on. absolute refractory is just that period when any stimulation will be ignored no matter how potent.
 
i think time-voltage is what the refractory period is based on. absolute refractory is just that period when any stimulation will be ignored no matter how potent.
Thanks Anastomoses

but there are difference between ( Time -depented ) Importance Vs ( Voltage-depented ) importance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks Anastomoses

but there are difference between ( Time -depented ) Importance Vs ( Voltage-depented ) importance

Tell me more. I'm genuinely interested. What is the time dependent refractory period based on...just time?
 
Tell me more. I'm genuinely interested. What is the time dependent refractory period based on...just time?

I don't really understand what the OP is asking, but I would imagine it has something to do with the fact that ions can only flow so fast through X number of open channels. Thus equilibrium can only be reached so fast, meaning voltage can only change so fast. So voltage-gated channels will stay open and refractory longer if the voltage change is slower.


Or something.


I could just be talking about of my ***.
 
I don't really understand what the OP is asking, but I would imagine it has something to do with the fact that ions can only flow so fast through X number of open channels. Thus equilibrium can only be reached so fast, meaning voltage can only change so fast. So voltage-gated channels will stay open and refractory longer if the voltage change is slower.


Or something.


I could just be talking about of my ***.

i think the OP is confused.