• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Doc 2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 19, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I know everyone is burned out by now. What are you guys doing to cope. I've been setting in front of my computer all day, surfing every site i can think of to keep from studying. My house is spotless, now what? I know I should be doing board stuff, or hell, even class work, but I can't seem to get motivated. This has lasted 4 days, will it pass? I'm begining to worry I won't be able to pick up another book.

stretch210

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
I've been doing this for a month, then I cram for exams and quizzes...do fine...and then I sit and do nothing for the next two weeks...honestly we would be better off getting out of the house and doing NOTHING for a couple days, I just haven't gotten the nerve to do it yet.

You are not alone, that I can guarantee. I want to study more than anything right now, but look what I'm doing writing to you:D . Ask me anything, I mean anything about college basketball right now...I have read it all!;) .

My advice...and I'm trying to do this myself, get something done, don't try to schedule too much, just get something done, and then take some time off (several hours) come back and get something done. Before you know it, you've at least done more than sitting here for 12 hours.

About the Ads

joe6102

by the power of grayskull
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
socal
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I know everyone is burned out by now. What are you guys doing to cope. I've been setting in front of my computer all day, surfing every site i can think of to keep from studying. My house is spotless, now what? I know I should be doing board stuff, or hell, even class work, but I can't seem to get motivated. This has lasted 4 days, will it pass? I'm begining to worry I won't be able to pick up another book.

I was completely burned out a couple of weeks ago. Then I went a week without doing a damn thing, realized I was WAY behind, and started panicking. So just try to think of everything you have to study in the next 4 months, or do a block of q-bank on stuff you have never learned. At least that's what worked for me.

The Buff

The Big Cat
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Right behind you...
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Yeah, i have been feeling this way for the past week or so. My motivation to study has gone down and my efficiency level is in the toilet. At this point I actually think intensive boards studying will be a nice break from lecture overload. (that is what I tell myself anyway....)

basupran

ortho, study, cars, lift
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2003
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I too feel this way. Not sure how to get out of it.

I took two 'guilt free' days off hoping that I would return full force, but nothing. I am still a useless bum.

mesoderm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
1. xbox 360 (I play Geometry Wars...yeah, I'm a geek, and..?)
2. play with my dogs
3. read about past experiences/step 1 scores from the sticky in this forum
4. as a result of #3, get my ass back in gear with studying :D

Doc 2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 19, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Well I've started to get back into the swing of things after scraping by on my last exam. I'm starting to feel motivated and set down with the Kaplan books today, and WHOOOAAA do I have a lot to do. Now I'm feeling like I should have started studying back in October. Are any of you using PLS?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.