Burnout question for ER docs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sketchball

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being an ER doc is something I can definately see myself doing early in my career, but I can see myself wanting to slow down when Im older. I wanted to get some opinions from current ER residents on how they view their careers when they are older, like 55+ years of age. I've heard about burnout for ER docs....are you guys worried about this?

Members don't see this ad.

sketchball-

this issue has been adressed multiple times. do a search through for burnout.

I dunno about anyone else, but I don't plan on working full time when I'm 55. It will have nothing to do about burnout, but I am hoping to retire around then (maybe sooner).

Q, DO

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I am new to this network and I am wanting to get into ER med: Is there anyone out there who can help me find my path, I am from the UK and I want to do my election and I dont want to go to USA or any other country other than the UK. Anyone please help me.

Originally posted by gardito
Hey! I am new to this network and I am wanting to get into ER med: Is there anyone out there who can help me find my path, I am from the UK and I want to do my election and I dont want to go to USA or any other country other than the UK. Anyone please help me.

I'd probably start a different thread, as your questoin might get lost in this current one... but do you want to do a US residency or a UK residency?

Q, DO