Burnout question for ER docs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sketchball

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Being an ER doc is something I can definately see myself doing early in my career, but I can see myself wanting to slow down when Im older. I wanted to get some opinions from current ER residents on how they view their careers when they are older, like 55+ years of age. I've heard about burnout for ER docs....are you guys worried about this?
 
sketchball-

this issue has been adressed multiple times. do a search through for burnout.
 
I dunno about anyone else, but I don't plan on working full time when I'm 55. It will have nothing to do about burnout, but I am hoping to retire around then (maybe sooner).

Q, DO
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I am new to this network and I am wanting to get into ER med: Is there anyone out there who can help me find my path, I am from the UK and I want to do my election and I dont want to go to USA or any other country other than the UK. Anyone please help me.
 
Originally posted by gardito
Hey! I am new to this network and I am wanting to get into ER med: Is there anyone out there who can help me find my path, I am from the UK and I want to do my election and I dont want to go to USA or any other country other than the UK. Anyone please help me.

I'd probably start a different thread, as your questoin might get lost in this current one... but do you want to do a US residency or a UK residency?

Q, DO