Burnout?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rxbound

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, with all that is going on trying to get ready to start pharmacy school, is anyone else burned out?

Members don't see this ad.

Rxbound said:
So, with all that is going on trying to get ready to start pharmacy school, is anyone else burned out?

I struggle to imagine "burnout" among someone who is in the middle of summer and hasn't even started school!

From the mouths of babes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still an undergrad entering senior year and I always get a tad bit burned out during summer school. By the time I graduate from undergrad I would have been in school 3 straight years pretty much (I took summer school both sessions for 2 summers). I guess its good practice for not having a break if I attend a 3 year pharm program. :rolleyes:

Rxbound said:

yeah i am burnt out and i haven't even started school yet ha.

I'm already burnt out also. I start school in 9 days - SOOOO STRESSED!

I'm just burned out from trying to find additional sources of financial aid, packing, and thinking about how crazy my move from Texas to North Carolina will be with a dog, five cats, my husband, and myself in a little Honda Civic! :scared:

WVUPharm2007 said:
Yup. Wait three years. You have no idea what burnout is.

I am going to love this, I have a great feeling. :thumbdown:

Gizmo said:
I'm just burned out from trying to find additional sources of financial aid, packing, and thinking about how crazy my move from Texas to North Carolina will be with a dog, five cats, my husband, and myself in a little Honda Civic! :scared:

Exactly. Financial aid for those who already have a Bachelor's is a mess, but only if your school treats you as undergrads for your first two years. Trying to figure out how much to take out in loans and trying to decide how much to work...blah. Burnout of the non-academic kind.

PolarBear21 said:
I'm still an undergrad entering senior year and I always get a tad bit burned out during summer school. By the time I graduate from undergrad I would have been in school 3 straight years pretty much (I took summer school both sessions for 2 summers). I guess its good practice for not having a break if I attend a 3 year pharm program. :rolleyes:

yea, Im in the same boat also

Im taking 9 credits this second summer session to finish my undergrad in bio

and its taking me 3 years, and I start in Sept in pharm school

Burnt out? I'm sunburnt if that counts. Over the past couple months of summer, I've managed to kill enough brain cells with C2H6O to guarantee a C average my P1 year. Time to go sleep till 12:00PM again. :p You all need to relax this summer!

ethyl said:
Burnt out? I'm sunburnt if that counts. Over the past couple months of summer, I've managed to kill enough brain cells with C2H6O to guarantee a C average my P1 year. Time to go sleep till 12:00PM again. :p You all need to relax this summer!

You're right! I'm not going to have any brain cells left by the time P1 starts. Curses to you, Bud Light!!!! But.... C=PharmD!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rxbound said:
At the beginning of the summer I thought id be all stressed out but now its no problem mon :cool: I already completed the nessesary busy work...Depending on your situation of course but i'd start 'stressing' (if you feel the need for it) around the first week in August. But I agree with some of the earlier posters on this thread: In a couple months this 'stress' that youre feeling is gonna be a fond memory :scared:

ethyl said:

All I can say is party it up and TIP your bartender.......

With the 104 degree temps we have been having here in Texas, i sure as hell am burnt out!

I'm burnt out...of my job! I can't wait to start pharm school so I can quit. Too bad that won't be for another 12 months... :mad:

Here's a taste of BURNOUT you wimps:

Monday:

830-930 AM - medicinal chemistry
10am-11am - metabolism
12-1pm - med 4300 (pharmacology)
3-5 pm - pharmaceutics

Tuesday:

10-11am - pathophysiology
11-12pm - as above
12-1 - pharmacy skills
2-5 pm - pharmacology lab

Wednesday:
830am-930am - med chem
10-11 - metabolism
12-1 - pharmacology
2-5 - pharmacy skills lab

thursday:

10-11 - med chem tutorial
11-12 - pathophysiology

1-2 - seminar
2-5 - skills labs B

friday:

830-930 am : med chem
10- 11 : metabolism
12-1 pharmacology
1-2 pharmacy research and evaluation
2-3 as above
4-5 pharmaceutics III

omg im gunna B startin skewl i am s000 stressed lolers!

7 courses.

This someone has other factors that lead to burnout. I work, my family lives outside of the US (and has, for 17 years). Transition is always hard. I am glad that you find it amusing that other people can be "burned out", but people have other factors besides school that cause burnout.

i sense a burnout coming this fall with tthese classes

1. Chem II
2. Physics - Magnetism
3. Human Anatomy
4. Biology I
5. Physiology
6. History

What do you guys think....... :(

tdkneo said:

1. Chem II
2. Physics - Magnetism
3. Human Anatomy
4. Biology I
5. Physiology
6. History

I don't know where do you find time to eat not to mention to sleep?!!
Be realistic.

tdkneo said:

1. Chem II
2. Physics - Magnetism
3. Human Anatomy
4. Biology I
5. Physiology
6. History

That's not that bad. Gen Chem 2 and Gen Bio should be a cakewalk. Physics and Anatomy on the other hand..

eleanor_rigby said:
That's not that bad. Gen Chem 2 and Gen Bio should be a cakewalk. Physics and Anatomy on the other hand..

regular physics isn't bad

anatomy sucks!

eleanor_rigby said:

I agree. Thats not that bad of a sched.

well, Im a bit burned out just thinking of my heavy load next semester, but at least it will get me prepared for pharmD hopefully:

**Online course: Trig**

Monday
9:30-12:20; organic chem I-lab
12:20-1:45; Physics I - lecture

Tuesday
8-9:15; A&PII- lecutre
9:30-10:45; organic chem I - lecture
12:30-3:15; A&PII- lab

Wednesday
9:30-12:20 Organic Chem I - lab
12:30-1:45; physics I - lecture
2-4:50; Physics I- lab

Thursday
8-9:15; A&PII- lecture
9:30-10:45; Organic chem I- lecture

Friday
off school

BackeyWackey said:
well, Im a bit burned out just thinking of my heavy load next semester, but at least it will get me prepared for pharmD hopefully:

**Online course: Trig**

Monday
9:30-12:20; organic chem I-lab
12:20-1:45; Physics I - lecture

Tuesday
8-9:15; A&PII- lecutre
9:30-10:45; organic chem I - lecture
12:30-3:15; A&PII- lab

Wednesday
9:30-12:20 Organic Chem I - lab
12:30-1:45; physics I - lecture
2-4:50; Physics I- lab

Thursday
8-9:15; A&PII- lecture
9:30-10:45; Organic chem I- lecture

Friday
off school

This reminds me of my freshmen year semester. I had a packed schedule during the week with no time for little naps in between classes (and like yours, my middle of the week days are insanely long too), but I get 3 days weekends. It's even nicer when you get Monday off too for holidays, which equals to 4 days weekend!! That's the best schedule! Yours actually isn't bad. You get out pretty early. Enjoy your long weekends. You can laugh at your roommate(s) when they have to get up early for school on Fridays.

eleanor_rigby said:

which physics did you guys all take, the algebra based or the calculus based????