Business cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlefred

Dr. Fred
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to make some for networking.

What do you have? Recommendations? Places to get them?

Members don't see this ad.

local print shops will make them and you can support local business. Vista print does ok but adds a bunch of fees and shipping which is annoying. And if you mess up an online order you’re stuck with it.

Reactions: 1 user
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is not as useful. I made beautiful ones 10 years ago and never used them.

At networking it's best to get people's E-mail and follow-up multiple times with E-mails, then face time and cross referrals establish a pattern. Save the money and create a beautiful website instead.

I have given my business card to multiple other psychiatrists, primary care docs, therapists, and patients who have kept it and send me referrals by looking at the phone number, email, and website on my business card. They've explicitly told me this.

I splurged on nice business cards but even then, it's $0.50 per business card. It's paid back itself in droves. I've probably paid maybe $75-100 this past year on business cards, which pays itself back >10x with just one intake from them. I agree with dl2dp2 that it is the communication that is probably the best though. The business cards is just to remind them how to get in contact with me.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree 100 percent with clozareal. I also went with MOO, paid for nice cards. The cost of 100 cards is what one makes in an hour - or, it's worth it for one referral. Everyone likes them and asks for more to hand out. Unfortunately almost everyone also references that scene above which admittedly is not the desired impact.

Reactions: 1 users
This is not as useful. I made beautiful ones 10 years ago and never used them.

At networking it's best to get people's E-mail and follow-up multiple times with E-mails, then face time and cross referrals establish a pattern. Save the money and create a beautiful website instead.
I imagine that after 10 years, you wouldn't be needing to network as much to get new patients. Business cards feel better at the beginning when you're starting off and feel like you need to do something under your control to get more patients.

Building a beautiful website is not mutually exclusive with buying business cards.

Also, I leave them in my waiting room and almost every new patient has been taking one or taking a picture of it (I do only partially telehealth because of CAP). It helps them stay in touch with me. One thing that I haven't seen mentioned in any of the PP threads yet is internal marketing (is that the correct term?) where you make sure your current patients aren't lost to follow-up. It's much easier to fill up slots with current patients than needing to fill that time with new ones. Business cards help remind patients when they look at their wallet or see it on their table to make sure they have a next appointment with me.

Business cards help remind patients when they look at their wallet or see it on their table to make sure they have a next appointment with me.
I havent got business cards yet, but I have noticed patients and family members (particularly those over 50) do ask for them.

I have business cards as a cheap advertising source and they have their function. Don’t do much more than toss others in a drawer these days because I have this fancy little newfangled device that connects me to any professional within seconds.