-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
business
Started by PinchandBurn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What do you think of a business that Grosses $475K a year. But the costs (overhead),etc is $250k
That would depend upon the sector. Are we talking a medical practice?
That would depend upon the sector. Are we talking a medical practice?
no
but what if it were. General principles are similar right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no
but what if it were. General principles are similar right?
I think you need to compare apples to apples. If I'm looking for a job as a physician in the US I'm going to be thinking MGMA, comparing income to my peers.
Margins differ from sector to sector. If this were a car wash or coffee shop then this is a marvelous margin particularly if all of the management salaries are included in the overhead.
Yes, it's something like you are alluding too.I think you need to compare apples to apples. If I'm looking for a job as a physician in the US I'm going to be thinking MGMA, comparing income to my peers.
Margins differ from sector to sector. If this were a car wash or coffee shop then this is a marvelous margin particularly if all of the management salaries are included in the overhead.
But it's a franchise. So there's a 'royalty' something b/w 5-7%
What do you think of a business that Grosses $475K a year. But the costs (overhead),etc is $250k
Sounds like a Subway restaurant, am I right?
lol.....perhaps😉Sounds like a Subway restaurant, am I right?
lol.....perhaps😉
A friend of mine who does anesthesia around NY has been talking about starting a biz of some sort for years.. a chain of Subways came up as an idea. Other ideas, a string of ATMs and laundrymats. 🙄
question is who is going to 'run the store'. I'm sure you and your anesthesia buddies wont be tehre all the time. The issue then becomes 'trusting' someone else, and they often time STEAL, especially if they know two docs that are preoccupied own the place....A friend of mine who does anesthesia around NY has been talking about starting a biz of some sort for years.. a chain of Subways came up as an idea. Other ideas, a string of ATMs and laundrymats. 🙄
These can be lucrative, but usually a physical presence needs to be there.
lol.....perhaps😉
Numbers sound low for a subway
Numbers sound low for a subway
Really? These sounded high relative to what my friend was quoting. Basically it only made sense if you were going to make it a family business and put everyone to work in 6 different stores and everyone was willing to work for cheap.
purchase price is $650k.....any business that generates more income than expenses is a good business - especially when the upfront capital to get that business is low and re-captured quickly...
purchase price is $650k.....
Is that a single store?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yup...keep in mind that 250K number is before taxes. Also, keep in mind that currently it's a 'corporate' store.Is that a single store?
For a frachisee, one has gotta add on a royalty fee of 5-7% weekly and then also since I dont have $650k cash (obviously I have to pay interest on the loan)....
If you take out a loan for 500k at 8%..... and you get a return of 100k/yr - you would be clearing 60k/yr on a 150k cash down-payment... that is great return --- as long as this is a turn key operationg and doesn't require constant supervision/management....
What do you think of a business that Grosses $475K a year. But the costs (overhead),etc is $250k
I'd call that $225K/year profit. But it is never that easy.
If you can do it on 10 hours per week, that's $450/hour
If it's 100 hours per, it's $45.
9/10 people would love to have that opportunity. The other 1/10 already makes more than that.
Numbers sound low for a subway
i looked at purchasing a subway, those numbers are amazing!
i looked at purchasing a subway, those numbers are amazing!
Looking into "Massage Envy" franchise myself
75% of pts ask about massage, and I can use a good massage myself
Looking into "Massage Envy" franchise myself
75% of pts ask about massage, and I can use a good massage myself
I had a massage therapist in my old pain practice. Cash only. No one wanted it unless I could bill it to their insurance. If I could have done that, I could have hired 25 massage therapists.
massage can be a money-maker... just as long as you don't expect your current patient population to be driving that business..
No have over 150K drawing area with no spas, or like businesses ...will let you know in year if it was good idea